Chief Medical Officer
Hybrid in Los Angeles, CA or Seattle, WA (weekly onsite requirement)
Must have pharmaceutical commercialization strategy experience
Kelly Science and Clinical is searching for a Chief Medical Officer for our well-known Biotechnology Client who focuses on making the battle against cancer personal through immunotherapy treatments that extend lives. This is an exciting opportunity within the clinical research industry to join a team and help shape the future of cancer treatments.
Location: We are accepting relocation candidates for Seattle Washington or Los Angeles California if not local. Must be able to work onsite as needed.
The CMO will provide medical and scientific expertise and be responsible for the
strategy, direction, and execution of the company's Medical Affairs, Clinical and Research &
Manufacturing Sciences plans. Assist in evaluating pipeline opportunities from a medical and disease specific perspective. This is a unique opportunity to be a major contributor to the success of a well-positioned, well-financed growth stage biotechnology company.
- Support the Medical Team by providing medical and scientific expertise and contribute to the overall corporate strategy.
- Develop and update the strategy for the clinical development plan (CDP) according to corporate strategy.
- Contribute to the formulation of robust development plans for programs, including providing content for clinical development and other sections, as needed.
- Identify and establish relationships with leading Key Opinion Leaders (KOL's) and principal investigators, including organizing and running KOL meetings and Advisory Boards, as needed.
- Develop and update relevant parts of the Investigator's Brochure (IB).
- Contribute to and approve protocol synopses and protocols.
- Oversee the pharmacovigilance program and clinical trials as the medical expert.
- Contribute to the development of regulatory strategy and act as the medical expert in meetings with regulatory authorities.
- Ensure and support effective leadership and seamless collaboration across all areas of research.
- US Licensed Medical Doctor preferred
- 15+ years of pharma industry experience
- Clinical experience required as practicing physician in urological oncology treating prostate cancer
- Must have active KOLs in the urology oncology space (you will be asked to provide this info)
- Must have Business Development and commercial strategy experience
- Strong scientific research or clinical background in oncology desirable, as is experience in immunotherapy.
- Experience in both preclinical and early/late clinical development.
- Experience in clinical trials, either as investigator or as industry medical representative.
- Experience with regulatory activities in US and well as direct experience with IND filing.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with successful presentation capabilities.
Required skills and personal characteristics:
- Maintains deep scientific knowledge and attention to detail in designing and testing hypotheses and analyzing data.
- Builds wide and effective networks of contacts inside and outside the organization, across a diverse spectrum of people.
- Strong ability to command respect from KOLs with a high level of personal integrity. Gathers comprehensive information to support decision making.
- Sets and develops strategies and works strategically to realize organizational goals.
- Identifies and develops positive and compelling visions of the organization's future potential.
- Deals with ambiguity, making positive use of the opportunities it presents, adapts to changing circumstances.
- Works productively in a high-pressure environment and balances the demands of work and personal life.
- Open minded; willing to learn and take on both “important” as well as “small” tasks and duties on different levels.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
- Up to 25% travel
- This position operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
• The annual base salary range for this position is estimated at $300k - $500K depending on factors including but not limited to the candidate's work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, federal, state, and local laws, as well as external market and organizational considerations.
As part of our promise to talent, Kelly supports those who work with us through a variety of benefits, perks, and work-related resources. Kelly offers eligible employees voluntary benefit plans including medical, dental, vision, telemedicine, term life, whole life, accident insurance, critical illness, a legal plan, and short-term disability. As a Kelly employee, you will have access to a retirement savings plan, service bonus and holiday pay plans (earn up to eight paid holidays per benefit year), and a transit spending account. In addition, employees are entitled to earn paid sick leave under the applicable state or local plan. Click here for more information on benefits and perks that may be available to you as a member of the Kelly Talent Community.
Why Kelly® Science & Clinical?Kelly Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire industry experts just like you. Our team creates expert talent solutions to solve the world's most critical challenges. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills, interests, and career goals—it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background and education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get your expertise noticed.
About KellyWork changes everything. And at Kelly, we're obsessed with where it can take you. To us, it's about more than simply accepting your next job opportunity. It's the fuel that powers every next step of your life. It's the ripple effect that changes and improves everything for your family, your community, and the world. Which is why, here at Kelly, we are dedicated to providing you with limitless opportunities to enrich your life—just ask the 300,000 people we employ each year.
Kelly Services is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We welcome, value, and embrace diversity at all levels and are committed to building a team that is inclusive of a variety of backgrounds, communities, perspectives, and abilities. At Kelly, we believe that the more inclusive we are, the better services we can provide. Requests for accommodation related to our application process can be directed to Kelly's Human Resource Knowledge Center. Kelly complies with the requirements of California's state and local Fair Chance laws. A conviction does not automatically bar individuals from employment.
Apply on company website