Data Analytics Analyst (Insider Risk)
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with our client, a world leader in the oil and gas industry.
The position is based in Spring, TX. This is a 12-month contract with possibility of renewal.
The Insider Risk Data Analytics Analyst will be responsible for conducting analysis of user activity data and risk alerts with the goal of effectively preventing, detecting and responding to insider threats and incidents. The role calls for performing pre-investigation due diligence threat reviews and escalating cases as appropriate to Global Security management and internal investigation resources. Position will also provide support to ongoing insider risk investigations and continuous improvement of the insider risk program and analytics development.
- Conduct proactive & timely analysis of user activity data with the goal of effectively preventing, detecting and responding to potential insider threats and incidents.
- Monitor, prioritize, and respond to insider threat risk alerts and indicators
- Ensure protection of individual and Company rights - comply with appropriate regulatory and policy guidance, including data privacy
- Verify potential anomalies or abnormal behavior and confirm veracity of information through research and data analysis/correlation
- Develop and document hypothesis, & estimate potential implications and consequences
- Ensure timely escalation of cases for further investigation as appropriate
- Update case dispositions, and report metrics/status to management as required
- Assist and provide support and data analysis in the planning and conduct of ongoing investigations
- Support continuous improvement of the insider risk program & analytics capabilities.
- Proactive & systematic identification of potential gaps in protective capabilities
- Ongoing evaluation of external best practices incident histories, business tools/processes, actors, tactics, techniques & targets
- Make risk based recommendations that enhance the analytics capability inventory, including new or enhanced monitoring configurations
- Collaborate with stakeholders to develop, test, & implement enhancements
- Insider Risk Program Investigations Advisor
- Insider Risk Program Development Team (Technical Advisor, Business Engagement Advisor)
- Security Operations / Intelligence
- Insider Risk Analytics Project and Operations/Support Teams
- Bachelor Degree in related technical fields
- Minimum 5 years of data analytic analysis experience, ideally working with IT security data.
- Strong IT, data analysis/research and/or data forensics capabilities and experience
- Able to effectively analyze user activity, identify anomalous behaviour and report conclusions completely and concisely
- Able to parse and manipulate large data sets / proficient in Excel
- Able to craft or interpret queries efficiently (similar to Splunk)
- Able to understand programming logic – rule definitions design / regular expressions
- Able to efficiently search corporate data repositories for evidence
- Strong verbal and written communications skills – able to translate technical issues/concepts into insights for non-technical audiences including management or other stakeholders as needed
- Working under a strict non-disclosure / confidentiality agreement
- Expertise handling sensitive subject matter as part of security investigations / incident management and response
The following are nice to have skill sets / experience but not a must:
- Strong interpersonal capabilities with a proactive and collaborative orientation
- Experience with insider threat detection / user behavior analytics and risk scoring programs is a plus.
- Preferred strong understanding of IT Infrastructure Systems and their logging
- Strong understanding of corporate structure and policies pertaining to information protection
- Subject matter expertise in insider risk, information security and/or security investigations
- Preferred Insider Threat or similar security certifications
- Preferred experience addressing data privacy requirements
- Able to influence without authority & work effectively across organizations/geographic boundaries
- Relevant educational background including computer science, criminal justice, psychology, other behavioral sciences, or equivalent work experience
- Multi-lingual a plus / familiarity with translation services
With Kelly, you'll have direct connections to leading IT organizations in the best companies around the globe—offering you the chance to work on some of today's most intriguing, innovative and high-visibility projects. In a field where change is the only constant, our connections and opportunities will help you take your career exactly where you want to go. We work with 90 of the Fortune 100™ companies companies and found opportunities for more than 8,600 IT professionals last year. Let us help advance your career today.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website