Title: Data Entry Clerk
Location: Peoria, IL 61629
Duration: 12 month contract; possibly longer for the right candidate
Compensation: $11.25 per hour
- The main function of a data entry specialist is to operate data entry devices, such as a keyboard or computer, to verify and input data.
- A typical data entry specialist is responsible for accurate information documentation and personal project management.
- Technical skills include documentation skills and time management.
- Read source documents such as canceled checks, sales reports, or bills, and enter data in specific data fields or onto tapes or disks for subsequent entry, using keyboards or scanners.
- Compile, sort and verify the accuracy of data before it is entered.
- Locate and correct data entry errors, or report them to supervisors.
- Compare data with source documents, or re-enter data in verification format to detect errors.
- Maintain logs of activities and completed work.
- Sort, stamp and distribute incoming mail/documents to appropriate service center.
- Monitor shared email accounts and print documents when required.
- Ensures timely and accurate processing of documents by coding, entering and auditing data in software systems – Accounts & Freight Payable related
- File/sort a variety of documents based on type, date, supplier or carrier code, or other appropriate identifiers
- Handle personal and confidential information on a regular basis
- Prepare, scan, index, verify and archive materials according to documented procedures
- Verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and manage one's time.
- Ability to accurately document and record customer/client information.
- Previous experience with computer applications, such as Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Completion of a speed and accuracy data entry test.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- 0-2 years related experience required.
At Kelly Services®, we work with the best. Our clients include 95 of the Fortune 100™ companies, and more than 70,000 hiring managers rely on Kelly annually to access the best talent to drive their business forward. If you only make one career connection today, connect with Kelly.About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website