Kelly Engineering has an exciting Environmental Health and Safety Manager position with a leading company in Cherry Hill NJ!
You will provide strategic and operational direction and leadership for Environmental Health and Safety Teams/Initiatives. A major focus for this role will be developing a strong safety culture with programs to drive safety improvements. i.e. Near Miss Reporting, PHA's, etc. A strong understanding of behavioral safety will be a plus in this role.
Essential Job Functions:
- This role is expected to mentor/develop the staff. This will involve the ability to provide on-going constructive feedback, assess the strengths and weaknesses of staff members and oversee specific development plans for all staff members.
- Oversees the development and monitoring of all EHS Metrics.
- Responsible to develop and implement a system to assess overall business EHS Risks including the use of any Toll Contractors.
- Manage all external Regulatory Agency audits – OSHA, NJ DEP, etc.
- Oversees the development of safety plans, programs, and procedures to foster and promote a culture of safety, accountability, and compliance. i.e. Incident reporting, PHA's, HAZ-Op's, Safety Inspections.
- Fully understands and is able to apply all OSHA requirements including PMN across Industries.
- Final approver on all safety related SOP's and prepares and implements a safety-training program for employees.
- Establish safety-training requirements for outside contractors and ensure proper documentation of training.
- Interpret and advise company on all applicable environmental requirements throughout Industries.
- Inspect waste management practices to ensure proper facility handling, including proper identification of waste streams, storage, disposal, waste manifest documentation and other associated duties.
- Prepare all required regulatory plans and fulfill reporting requirements, including P2 Plan, Integrated Contingency Plan, DEQ113/114, Form R, Bi-annual Waste report, CRTK, monthly CCMUA, Pollution Prevention, TRI reports.
- Handle all air/water permit modifications and applications.
- Oversee Regulatory audits/inspections from outside agencies.
- Perform required air and audible testing.
- Review all SDS sheets and create SDS's as required for European and domestic distribution.
- Maintain professional competency through participation in professional education and training programs and completion of any necessary requirements to maintain professional credentials.
- On occasion may be required to work evening and/or on the weekend.
- Other duties/projects as assigned.
- Minimum 5-8 years' directly related experience.
- Minimum of 3 years in a manufacturing environment working with hazardous chemicals.
- Must have experience with SDS management.
- Knowledge of proper hazard materials emergency response actions, including spill containment, cleanup and reporting requirements.
- Must have experience preparing for and performing audits and compliance inspections.
- Must have working knowledge of chemical properties, associated hazards, proper labeling and storage requirements.
- Comprehensive understanding of OSHA, EPA, NJDEP, BATF, ISO, RTK regulations and reporting requirements.
- Demonstrated ability in leading and facilitating the development and implementation of an effective EH&S program.
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of laws, regulations, policies, procedures and practical application governing Safety in the workplace
- Demonstrated leadership abilities.
- Strong critical thinking, problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Strong time management, project management and organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills:
- Ability to achieve results through team efforts.
- Ability to persuade, market and sell new ideas.
- Ability to interface and communicate/collaborate at all levels internally and externally.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – ability to communicate a clear vision to promote and foster a culture of safety:
- Leads by example – engages and inspires employees to want to work safely and genuinely care about their and co-workers well being
- Demonstrated ability to promote a safe work environment – encourage a positive attitude about personnel safety
- Ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timetables:
- Flexible – adapt to changing tasks and expectations
- Bachelor's Degree in Environmental Science, Chemical Engineering, Occupational Safety or related field
- Must have experience in New Jersey TCPA or OSHA PSM, Waste Management, DPCC
Please apply now!
Kelly puts you in charge of your career, with access to cutting edge projects and technologies in industry leading organizations. Top companies throughout the world have trusted Kelly as a premier source of engineering talent and services since 1965. And engineering job seekers know Kelly as a firm with an unmatched reputation for quality, integrity, and professionalism. Whether you seek the variety and flexibility of working on short-term project engagements or prefer contract-to-hire or direct-hire placement with our clients, apply with Kelly to explore opportunities that suit your specific professional interests.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website