Kelly Engineering is currently recruiting for a (Direct Hire) (Engineering & Maintenance Manager) job located in Frankfort, IL.
The Engineering & Maintenance Manager will:
- Attain department goals and standards; costs, productivity, quality, and safety.
- Fostering a proactive maintenance culture, focusing on the implementation a preventative maintenance program that is robust and sustainable and use of predictive maintenance techniques
- Perform frequent on-the-job inspections to ensure: safe working habits, safe work areas, quality of workmanship, effectiveness of maintenance and repairs.
- Prepare work schedules and mechanic duty assignments as required to support the total maintenance program and the requirements of production.
- Evaluate, prioritize and schedule maintenance repair requests to ensure timely completion of repair actions.
- Develop on-the-job training programs for new personnel, evaluate and document training records, develop training requirements for new equipment and develop skill-level up-grading test.
- Routinely inspect equipment for needed repairs and maintenance and repair requests.
- Lead Plant/Process Engineering and Continuous Improvement activities.
- Responsible for a safe working environment for plant maintenance employees, contractors and visitors to the plant site.
- Ensure compliance with all departmental health, safety and environmental regulations, and company policies and procedures.
- Development and implementation of improvement action plans for each area of responsibility to ensure year over year improvement in critical plant metrics.
- Analyze severity and prioritize daily emergencies, to minimize plant down time as well as maximize plant productivity.
- Prepare reports, analyze data, and make recommendations for improving plant operations and solving maintenance-related problems.
- Locate and purchases necessary materials for maintenance repairs. Screen all maintenance purchase requests, and contact suppliers on availability, costs and quality. Investigate material substitutions for equipment and process improvements.
- Perform basic plant engineering for equipment design, fabrication and installation. Inspect repairs for structural soundness, possible methods to improve operations and cost effectiveness.
- Review and approve scheduled equipment & facility shut-down with production departments.
- Ensure that maintenance and engineering employees are adequately trained, equipped, and motivated so that all maintenance and engineering activities can be accomplished in a safe, timely, and cost-effective manner.
- Performs engineering project management (including capital project work as-required) work to include preparing budgets for maintenance projects, overseeing project execution, resolving complex work problems, recommending contract change orders for all areas.
- Regularly checks and inspects machines and equipment for conformance with operational standards. Collaborates with production, quality control to plan, modify and schedule repairs, maintenance activities and installation of equipment to ensure continuous productions operations.
- Provides hands on technical support for troubleshooting, problem solving activities and maintenance repair to systems to limit production downtime.
- Ensures all maintenance activities are conducted in a safe and controlled environment.
- Responsible for meeting or exceeding all quality and regulatory standards, policies or specifications.
- Staffing responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Establish and maintain critical spare parts and tools, supporting the needs of the plant at optimal cost.
- Develop CI projects addressing safety, cost, delivery and quality issues and create mechanisms to successfully implement and sustain improvements.
- Leverage CI principles and tools to improve overall operations and create a more predictive vs. reactive manufacturing operation.
BASIC MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's in Mechanical, Electrical, or related Technical degree required and at least five (5) years of experience in the maintenance and/or operation of a heavy industrial manufacturing facility.
- Knowledge of Continuous Improvement principles required.
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Five (5) years maintenance experience, of which at least 2 are in a production environment.
- Four (4) + years of leadership experience is required.
Your engineering skills are in demand, but how do you find the right fit? Easy. With Kelly® Engineering, our experts connect you with leading organizations where you can learn and grow, collaborate on innovative projects, and keep your skills sharp with top technology. Whether you prefer the variety and flexibility of short-term projects, or are looking for something more long-term, we're here every step of the way to find your dream engineering job.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website