Manufacturing Food Safety Inspector
Kelly Services is currently seeking Manufacturing Food Safety Inspector for a contract position with one of our top clients in environmental monitoring in Temple, TX.
These staff are responsible for working with private sector employers, including but not limited to meat and poultry processing plants, food manufacturers, manufacturing companies and other large employers with congregate work settings, in the regions who are experiencing COVID-19 outbreaks to conduct facility assessments in coordination with regional staff.
This position includes some travel (Mileage reimbursed) using own vehicle and requires personal laptop and cell phone with data plans. The position will run for 6+ months.
- Conducts worksite assessments to identify COVID-19 risks, prevention and control measures and strategies as part of public health practice, using current CDC and OSHA guidance.
- Conducts worksite outbreak investigations following case report of COVID 19 occurring in a congregate work setting and reviews current infection control practices in facility.
- Plans and conducts onsite reviews and outbreak investigation of congregate work settings where COVID 19 has occurred.
- Collects outbreak data for each facility and works with the Vulnerable Populations and Facilities Tash Force to ensure continuity and accuracy or data reported.
- Provides worksite consultation for prevention and control of COVID 19 based on currently available CDC and OSHA guidelines.
- Serves as a COVID 19 subject matter expert for federal, state, county, and local government officials and public health jurisdictions as well as citizens, medical providers, and others as necessary.
- Makes presentations at local and state levels, for lay and professional audiences; prepares written reports and acts as a facilitator and liaison between facilities, local health authorities, local health departments, DSHS programs and federal, state, and local agencies, other organizations, and with other public health experts.
- Bachelor of Science
- 2 years of experience in the field of sanitation/food safety
- M-F; 8am-5pm with some overtime
- Knowledge of occupational health and OSHA regulations
- Includes knowledge and awareness of basic respiratory protection and other PPE used in infection prevention and control and industrial settings
- Knowledge of industrial hygiene preferred.
- Knowledge of the principles and methods of epidemiology and outbreak investigations;
- Knowledge of State and Federal statutes/regulations regarding food safety and environmental sanitation, HACCP, and inspection techniques for retail food establishments.
- Skill in the use photographic equipment, laboratory and field testing equipment to conduct health and safety inspections.
- Skilled at data collection, interviewing, data management and analysis
Kelly® Science is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website