Kelly Scientific is seeking a Extractions Lab Technician in Ypsilanti, MI.
Temp to Hire
Shift: Monday - Friday 8am-5pm
It is the function of the Lab Technician to prepare organic and metals samples for analysis through extraction or digestion procedures. The lab technician will follow approved analytical methods and prescribed precision and accuracy procedures. When the extractions or digestions are complete the lab technician delivers the extracts or digestions to the appropriate analyst or to the proper storage location. The lab technician will also be cross-trained in other analytical or related laboratory functions and may perform some of these functions on a daily basis. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. Performs required extractions/digestions within their holding times according to test methods specified by rule, permit, or Quality Assurance Plans.
2. Ensures that all equipment under the SP's responsibility is properly calibrated before beginning tests and documents this work.
3. Ensures that all identifying information (including sample ID numbers) have been accurately transcribed into records or computer databases.
4. Ensures that all calculations are correct and documents this work as required by company SOP's and regulatory agencies.
5. Ensures that appropriate confirmatory tests or procedures have been completed within their holding time and documents this work.
6. Identifies, documents, and begins corrective actions on any quality control problem which relates to the procedures being followed.
7. Brings to the quality manager attention any sample that may produce suspect results due to matrix or preservation problems, that the technician feels might cause inaccurate test results.
8. Maintains equipment in working condition, and documents all maintenance and repairs.
9. Orders, or initiates the ordering of, reagents and supplies required by the procedures being followed.
10. Notifies the project manager of all conditions that make it difficult or impossible to meet the productivity schedules set for the lab.
Interested? Apply now!
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website