Kelly Services is hiring for a Production Assembly Operator (Finishing End) to work with a chemical client in Pennsauken, NJ (Zip code is 08110)
Essential Functions: Finishing End Operations
- Reads production schedule to determine set up for manual stacking of product to be produced during the current days production run.
- Manual stacking of products that cannot go through the Board Stacker.
- Must be able to inspect, operate and maintain a forklift in a safe and efficient manner.
- Rework bundles of finished product to remove/replace out of spec material that is mixed with prime board and return bundles to Lan Tech area.
- Remove out of spec material from production line.
- Operate off line Bemis and slitter machine for runner cutting activities that support the Lan Tech Operator.
- Creating X-bundles from off spec material.
- Coordinate with Bemis operator on product changeovers.
- Must be able to make decisions related to safety, quality and operations with minimal amount of supervision.
- Show Willingness to help other teams in time of need
Assist in downtime and shutdown activities:
- Clean oven grates
- Clear production floor
- Clean dust collector area
- Assist where needed
- Assist with shutdown activities:
- Complete all rework and take to Lan Tech.
- Clean up area/sweep floor/dump trash
- Plug in forklift
Training & Education Requirements:
- Operator must have completed Pennsauken forklift program within required timeframe
- Must have knowledge of all products
- Must have basic math skills
- Must be able to read a tape measure
- Average training time to learn the technique and acquire the information needed to perform this role safely and efficiently is two months.
- Must be able to perform light maintenance.
- Be able to keep accurate written records.
- Must have good computer skills and have understanding of process.
- Willingness to work in team atmosphere
- Follow procedures without deviations
- Good communication skills.
- Observe product quality and make required changes, decisions, and correction with minimal amount of supervision.
- Advise other groups of required changes, activities.
- Coordinate changeovers with the other work groups.
- Report quality issues
- Maintain orderly work area
- High School Diploma or GED is required
- Valid State Driver's License is required.
- Consent to criminal background screen and drug screen required.
- 2+ years of recent manufacturing experience is required.
Please apply to this posting to submit your resume to the recruiter at email@example.com (Subject line: Pennsauken) to be considered.
As a worker today, it's up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what's next is what we're all about. We know what's going on in the evolving world of work—just ask the nearly 500,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website