Food Science Quality Assurance Technician
- Vadnais Heights, MN
- Mon-Fri 10am-7pm ($15-18/hr). Compensation is dependent on experience.
- Temporary to Hire
- Responsible for all Quality Assurance functions
- Oversee employee training and development of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP's).
- Verify food quality and food safety through quality checks, auditing, and reporting. This includes SQF, HACCP, GMP, and daily forms.
- Perform periodic product and process quality checks to ensure material is not defective or damaged and that material is appropriate to customer specifications.
- Perform visual quality check of packaged and finished product to ensure that they are packaged according to specification.
- Sample and test incoming ingredients and packaging supplies based on specifications.
- Assist in the review of Certificate of Analysis (COA) testing for inbound raw materials.
- Maintain accurate records and results for Quality Assurance
- Use lab equipment to perform quality tests (DSC HFT2000 fat analyzer, leak test).
- Perform pre-operational and/or post-operational inspections.
- Conduct audits of finished products on production lines.
- Communicate effectively with Line Operator regarding any issues related to packaging seals, codes, weights, and packaging integrity.
- Communicate effectively with Operations Supervisor and/or Line Operator on quality issues.
- Dispose of off quality, improper product and materials in designated areas.
- Provide excellent communication to the QA Director for the determination of dispositions and corrective action follow up.
- Conduct line inspections for cleanliness.
- Collect all samples and retains needed for customers and microbiological samples.
- Ensure raw materials and finished products are stored properly.
- Willingness to work overtime when asked.
- Help production pack, box, and label finished product when needed.
- Ability to maintain a positive and productive relationship with co-workers.
- Willingness to work as a team member and help out where needed to ensure maximum process efficiency.
- Provide back up to QA Director (if HACCP certified) for reviewing HACCP paperwork.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area
- Perform all other duties deemed necessary, or required by the QA Director.
- Maintain Standard Operating Procedures for all Quality Assurance functions
- Monitor Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP) plan for company.
- Monitor food safety and food defense program.
- Provide training and direction to all staff on GMPs, job specific training as needed.
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1-2 years of job related experience preferred.
- Food industry experience preferred.
- Must be comfortable working with meat products
- Clear communication skills (oral and written)
- Basic Math Skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to handle several tasks concurrently
- Ability to follow documented procedures and standards
- Ability to work well with a wide variety of people.
- Basic computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook)
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website