Quality Assurance Supervisor
Kelly services is looking for a Quality Assurance Supervisor for one of our top clients in the region of Killeen, Texas. This position will assist the Food Safety & Quality Assurance Manager with basic supervision and the direction of the FSQA staff as well as serving as backup for the FSQA Manager in all quality and food safety matters when the QA Manager is not present. The responsibilities include conducting quality audits, perform pre-operational inspections of equipment and processing areas, gather and compile production samples, provide incoming ingredient inspections, monitor and ensure compliance with facility HACCP, SSOP, Quality and GMP programs.
- Complete all required activities as defined by the Food Safety & Quality Assurance Manager.
- Supervise staff of technicians to ensure compliance to company standards.
- Assure adequate staffing by evaluating performance and new hires.
- Develop thorough knowledge of company policies and effectively enforce. Make recommendations regarding policy changes.
- Under the direction of the FSQA Manager, develop, test, and implement quality operational procedures
- Will work with the FSQA Manager to develop and implement programs to manage Customer Care consumer complaint reports
- Ensure compliance with all USDA and other applicable government statutes and regulations.
- Ensure and maintain FIFO (First-In-First-Out) procedures are followed and that proper tracking capabilities are implemented as the products circulate throughout the facility.
- Assure full knowledge of recall system, regulatory authority and crisis communications
- Microbiological knowledge required, and ability to design and execute sanitation programs to manage and reduce microbiological risks.
- Direct responsibility for purchase of laboratory services and materials.
- BS degree in Food Science, Meat Science, Microbiology, Biology or other science equivalent required.
- Certifications through ASQC, SQF, GFSI and other professional quality associations are helpful.
- Minimum 5 years Quality Control/Quality Assurance experience in USDA food manufacturing environment including,
- 2.5 years QC/QA Supervisory experience in USDA food manufacturing environment
- Ability to work with and apply mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, sit, walk and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance in a manufacturing facility; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. Ability to taste product (poultry, pork, vegetable shrimp, wheat) required.
If you are interested in advancing your career with this opportunity, please apply online for immediate consideration.
With Kelly, you'll have access to some of the world's highest regarded scientific organizations—providing you with opportunities to work on today's most challenging, research-intensive, and relevant projects. Our connections can lead you to innovative scientific pursuits you'll be proud to help advance. We work with 90 of the Fortune 100 companies and found opportunities for more than 10,000 scientific professionals last year.
You pursued a career in science to fuel your quest for knowledge and your desire to make the world a better place. Let Kelly fuel your career—connect with us today.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website