Human Resources Specialist - Houston TX
Kelly Services is seeking a Human Resources Specialist for one of it's top clients in Downtown Houston. The Human Resources Specialist will be responsible for contributing to the company's performance by providing tactical and strategic consulting on people and organization development strategies in support of the business objectives. Performs HR related duties at the professional level while supporting assigned program/s
Responsibilities will include : talent acquisition and management consultation; employee relations consultation; policy interpretation and application, performance appraisal training, Leave and Workers Comp administration and professional development.
The role requires a high degree of professional ethics and high level of emotional intelligence, and the ability to work with professionals at all levels effectively and positively. The HR Business Partner must be able to rapidly shift from one HR function to another successfully to complete assignments and have ability to work effectively within a dynamic environment.
The successful candidate will have excellent decision-making capabilities and understanding of aligning HR functional area goals to program, agency, and HR strategic planning outcomes.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Provides day-to-day coaching to employees within the assigned program/s on a variety of actions to include but not limited to employee relations, policy interpretation and application, talent management and development; leave administration, etc.
- Partners with program leadership to analyzes trends and metrics to develop HR solutions
- Conducts ongoing supply and demand analysis on current and future state of staffing and skill needs and designs talent acquisition strategies to meet program needs those needs.
- Responsible for the full recruitment lifecycle to include defining, developing, planning and implementing recruiting strategies, identifying, attracting, hiring top talent and that hiring targets are met, managing all job requisitions through the Paycom ATS, providing interview aids, and attending and/or hosting job fairs. Prepares job postings and prescreens candidate applications and resumes for required skills; experience and knowledge to fit position requirements. Makes referrals to hiring manager and ensures efficient turn-around activity. Actively participates in recruitment campaigns; job fairs; college relations programs.
- General networking; etc. to ensure robust candidate pipeline. Grows talent pipeline of qualified candidates. Leverages on-line recruiting resources and identities top talent. Researches and recommends new sources for active and passive candidate recruiting and manages job posting sites internally and externally. Remains current on trends and innovative recruiting techniques in order to compete in market and within industry.
- Provides recruitment and onboarding training to assigned program hiring managers as needed.
- Onboards new hires to include all assigned components of the new hire process including processing of applications, on-boarding invitations, eVerify entries, background checks, timely completion of offer letters to include new employee orientation date, and status notifications to hiring authorities. Process and review criminal history record information, pre-employment drug tests, references, and other new hire application materials.
- Facilitates one-two New Employee Orientation (NEO) program annually, includes driving new hires in agency or personal vehicle (as needed) on tours of agency satellite offices throughout the Houston area, and Co-Facilitates NEO as needed.
- Manages FMLA, Medical Leave of Absence (LOA), ADA accommodations and Workers Compensation. Provides consultation on leave and accommodation policies and procedures. Tracks requests, gathers appropriate support documentation, and provides eligibility notifications and/or updates to supervisors and employees accordingly.
- Provides Human Resources consultative services by effectively coaching and supporting staff and managers through various situations; interprets policies and appropriate application, with awareness of impact and liability and assists in with editing Progressive Corrective Actions/Warnings and Performance Improvement Plans in Paycom.
- Supports HR department cycle deliverables to include annual performance management; wellness events; employee engagement, HR special projects; etc.
- Evaluates issues, patterns, and trends to provide proactive insights for HR solution and program designs (i.e. training to address certain needs).
- Partners with Payroll as needed to provide solutions for clients.
- Partners with assigned programs and recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to effect and provide continual improvements in efficiency and HR services performed.
- Performs audits for their assigned program group -- monthly, yearly and bi-yearly and accurately ensure online employee files are up to date.
- Assists HR Dept. co-workers with projects, reports, correspondence, and other activities as requested and acts as back up to other HR team members as needed.
- Participate in HR projects, travel to satellite offices, and perform other duties, as assigned.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's degree, degree in Human Resource Management, Business, or Organizational Leadership preferred
- PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP required upon hire or within 12 months of hire.
- MINIMUM SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Proven strong foundation and knowledge of principles & practice of HR including employment law & compliance requirements
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Proven knowledge of full lifecycle recruiting components to include sourcing.qualifying; networking; assessing; selling and wage/salary trends
- Excellent interpersonal skills and effective verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to effectively coach employees and management through complex and difficult issues
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous and rapidly changing environment
- Ability to set high personal goals and work independently
- Ability to organize, multi-task and prioritize tasks
- Ability to make recommendation to effectively resolve problems or issues
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Proven acuity in MS office suite, internet and data-base management
- Advanced knowledge of state and federal employment laws and compliance programs (FLSA, EEO, ADA, FMLA, EEOC UNIFORM Guidelines, etc.)
- High level of confidentiality, professionalism and ability to positively interact and collaborate in a team environment is essential.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to interpret and disseminate information
- Previous experience supporting various levels of employee classification, including VPs, and multicultural backgrounds.
- Must be self-directed, self-motivated, and ability to multi-task successfully as well as manage time effectively and handle multiple tasks/projects simultaneously.
- Understanding and support of Catholic Social Teachings.
- Proficiency in or knowledge of a variety of HRIS (Paycom preferred) and computer software
- Applications: Microsoft Suite, Excel, Microsoft Word and ability to learn new software programs and system processes with ease.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is helpful, but not required.
- Attention to detail, accurate data entry and excellent proofing capability.
- Able to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a dynamic environment and versatile, flexible, and a willingness to work within changing priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to calculate figures.
- Previous experience in coaching employees and management through complex, difficult issues
As a worker today, it's up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what's next is what we're all about. We know what's going on in the evolving world of work—just ask the 440,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website