Inventory Specialist - North Houston
Kelly is seeking an Inventory Specialist for one it's top clients in the North Houston. The ideal candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Responsibilities: Compiles and maintains records of quantity, type, and value of material, equipment, merchandise, or supplies stocked in establishment:
- Counts and tags material, equipment, merchandise, or supplies in stock and posts totals to inventory records, manually or using computer
- Compares inventories to office records SAP or computes figures from records to obtain current inventory
- Compiles information on receipt or disbursement of material, equipment, merchandise, or supplies, and computes inventory balance, price, and cost
- Prepares reports, such as inventory balances, price lists, and shortages
- Assist in reconciling inventory discrepancies and follow-up with an investigation to determine the root cause of the discrepancies
- Develop, implement and improve inventory control procedures to ensure inventory accuracy
- Manage the correction or adjustment of negative inventory quantities in a timely manner
- Partner with the sales and operations teams to develop accurate long-term forecasts that will be used to support all business planning activities
- Report results of inventory control accuracy and impact to customer fulfillment
- Oversee cycle count process and generate recounts based on current business requirements
- Collect and analyze inventory control data and purchasing strategies based on value, history, forecasting, and special demands
- Monitor material movement, data entry for material receipts, shipments, and transfers
- Analyze reconcile inventory variances on a daily basis, issue periodic reports to inventory management
- Assists with the preparation and execution of physical inventory
- Constantly is looking for ways to improve processes to become more efficient and productive
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by following standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations
- Handle calls regarding material stock checks with all details accurately recorded and transmitted
- Resolve problems that may arise concerning material stock inventory levels by interacting with shipping or inventory coordinators, department managers, as well as internal and external customers
- Perform other special projects as directed by department manager and/or upper management Assist shipping as needed with movement and preparation of ILI tools and parts
- Place orders for stock replacements to maintain optimal inventory levels
- Pull parts from inventory and issue as requested to include final posting of goods in SAP
- Utilize reports available in SAP to determine stock needs and place orders accordingly
Qualifications or Skills Required:
- High school diploma or equivalent GED.
- 5-7 years of related experience and/or training is preferred.
- SAP MM experience is required.
- Must have computer skills and experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Able to lift up to 65 lbs.
- Must be experienced in a fast-paced, professional, customer service driven team environment.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of warehouse processes and procedures preferred.
- Strong analytical and communication skills both verbal and written.
- Ability to read and interpret safety rules, work procedures, technical instructions and technical references is a plus.
As a worker today, it's up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what's next is what we're all about. We know what's going on in the evolving world of work—just ask the 440,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website