LAB TECHNICIAN (Vallejo, CA)
We are proud to offer an exciting contract to perm opportunity to work as a Lab Technician at an advanced oil/petroleum analysis laboratory located in the Vallejo, CA.
1 Year Assignment (temp to perm opportunity!)
Pay Rate: $16 to $18/hour, depending on Education and Experience
Full-time Position: Monday-Friday, 8am to 5pm
- Responsible for assisting and performing a wide range of chemical and physical analyses on petro fuels, lubes, greases and petroleum related products.
- Perform all required testing on petro fuels, lubes, greases and petroleum related products.
- Assists in the setting up of laboratory equipment and/or instrumentation required for the analysis of samples and general upkeep and housekeeping of the Laboratory.
- Perform standardization of all solutions as required.
- Documents all activities and recordkeeping accordingly to SOP's.
- Assist in all other laboratory assignments and projects.
- At all times, comply with our company's Code of Integrity and Professional Conduct
- Associate's Degree in Science or related discipline coupled with basic knowledge of chemistry.
- Must be able to work with all chemicals, petrochemicals petroleum.
- Must be able to differentiate colors accurately by sight.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; talk or hear; and test or smell.
- The employee frequently is required to walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms.
- Must occasionally be required to stoop, kneel, or squat.
- Depending on location, position may require incumbent to work weekends, holiday or work a rotating shift, to meet business commitments.
- Position requires a dependable and reliable individual; whose daily presence adds to the success of the Department.
- The ability to work with minimal or no supervision coupled with excellent organization skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service and communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Excel,).
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Demonstrates strong commitment to our company's HSE Policies, Procedures, and Work Instructions by participating in safety meetings, completing required training, intervening in unsafe situations, refusing unsafe work, and complying fully with all applicable laws and regulations related to HSE.
- Responds appropriately to emergency situations and assists other staff members in maintaining readiness to respond to emergencies within the workplace.
- In accordance with the HSE Management System requirements, disposes of, or directs the disposal of, waste generated as a part of daily work performed in a safe manner and in compliance with all waste transportation and disposal regulations and requirements.
- Reports all incidents (actual incidents and near misses) in accordance with the Incident Reporting requirements.
- Uses all equipment (including safety equipment) in the manner intended and reports any damaged / lost equipment to supervisor.
- Maintain a safe and tidy worksite.
- Maintains awareness of hazards and proposes controls to supervisor, HSE Representatives or relevant client / site contact.
- Actively participates in incident investigations and risk assessments as deemed necessary by our management.
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website