Laboratory Scientist I
3-6+ Month Contract
1st Shift: 8am-5pm
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform screening, sample preparation procedures, including dilutions and extractions. Instrumentation/methods to be used: LC-MS, Tecan, wet chemistry.
- Perform testing according to SOP
- Reporting includes but is not limited to:
- performing calculations that produce a test result.
- documentation of quality control data
- chain of custody documentation
- other data as prescribed by the SOP.
- Set up testing instrumentation for specific tests and analysis, providing proper preventative maintenance according to prescribed schedules.
- Procure and maintain test equipment to perform required product analysis and testing.
- Prepares work lists for testing using LIMS.
- Participate in quality control activities throughout the laboratory to assure that accurate results are reported and collecting all data necessary for routine quality control functions and tests.
- Comply with safety rules and regulations to include determining proper handling procedures of samples, cleanliness and neatness at the workstation and within the testing facility and observance of appropriate personal protective equipment procedures.
- Follow regulatory rules and guidelines.
- Order supplies according to inventory control program.
- Quality Control is reviewed on a periodic basis and investigations performed where necessary.
- Responsible for workflow and TAT of routine analysis, including patient samples and samples for quality assessment (e.g. Proficiency Testing).
- Maintains workstation supplies and prepared reagents as needed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree in the Sciences or Medical Technology.
- Oral Communication Skills
- Written Communication Skills
- Time Management
- Math Aptitude
- PC-based LIMS skills
- Microsoft products
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication parts at distances close to the eyes
- Light work. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for light work.
With Kelly, you'll have access to some of the world's highest regarded scientific organizations—providing you with opportunities to work on today's most challenging, research-intensive, and relevant projects. Our connections can lead you to innovative scientific pursuits you'll be proud to help advance. We work with 90 of the Fortune 100 companies and found opportunities for more than 10,000 scientific professionals last year.
You pursued a career in science to fuel your quest for knowledge and your desire to make the world a better place. Let Kelly fuel your career—connect with us today.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website