LEAD JAVA SOFTWARE ENGINEER (TS/SCI)
Location: United States - Virginia – Chantilly 20151
Company is looking for a self-starting, team-oriented Senior Software Engineer to join our dynamic development team in supporting a Government customer. The team is building a large-scale enterprise application using web technologies, distributed computation and storage frameworks, and sophisticated, cutting-edge domain analytics, with the system hosted on virtualized and cloud-computing platforms. The engineer will have the ability to work both independently with little supervision as well as engage with a team to achieve overall project objectives.
The Senior Software Engineer participates in a development team that uses agile methodologies combined with mature software practices and a technology-supported development infrastructure. The Senior Software Engineer will execute full lifecycle agile workflow including daily SCRUMs, story grooming and bidding, and sprint execution. The Senior Software Engineer will develop software and extend the software baseline to implement new capabilities and to mature existing capabilities using key enabling technologies and frameworks. The Senior Software Engineer will help maintain the deployed system, diagnose and resolve issues, and provide support to end-users as needed. The Senior Software Engineer will provide technical and methodological guidance to the team, while helping steer the team to be self-reliant and highly effective at meeting project objectives.
The ideal engineer will have outstanding technical talent; have the desire to continuously learn and apply new skills and technologies; and be eager to take on hard problems and develop successful solutions to achieve the overall mission.
- B.S. degree Systems Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or a related discipline and 9+ years of experience with Java development; OR a MS degree in Computer Science or Engineering with 7+ years of experience with Java development.
- Experience with Angular 4+ front-end web application platform and PrimeNG UI components or similar web framework.
- Active TS/SCI security clearance.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Active TS/SCI security clearance + CI Polygraph.
- Knowledge or familiarity with space Systems highly desired.
- Experience with Docker containers.
- Experience with Spring Boot framework.
- Experience developing software using the Agile/Scrum methodology.
- Ability to work with other software developers to assist in developing and presenting technical information.
- Knowledge of software, Computer architectures, software architectures, object-oriented programs.
- Ability to work with an engaged customer to gather requirements and feedback.
- Ability to work in a team environment with a willingness to learn and grow.
- Leading specific trade and root cause analysis studies that drive System development
- Experience with PostgreSQL or similar Relational Database Management System (RDBMS).
- Experience with cloud technologies such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) or GovCloud.
- Experience with continuous integration, build management, and automated test frameworks.
- Experience integrating, testing, and deploying software applications to operations.
Strong oral and written communication skills, including direct customer contact
SKILLS AND CERTIFICATIONS [note: bold skills and certification are required]
Do you have an active TS/SCI security clearance?
Do you have at least 9 years programming in Java?
Are you able to work in Chantilly, VA?
Do you have a BS degree in Computer Science or Engineering?
Security Clearance Required: Yes
7+ to 10 years experience
Seniority Level - Mid-Senior
Management Experience Required - No
Minimum Education - Bachelor's Degree
Willingness to Travel - Never
Lead Java Engineer with TS/SCI clearance working on aerospace or satellite systems.
By partnering with Kelly® IT, you'll have direct connections to top companies around the globe—giving you the chance to put your tech skills to work on some of today's most intriguing, innovative, and high-visibility projects. In a world where change is the only constant, our unparalleled connections and IT market expertise help you take your skills exactly where you want to go. We're here to help you gain experience, keep learning, and move your career forward.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website