Finding a job that fits your lifestyle isn't always easy. That's where Kelly® Professional & Industrial comes in. Kelly has partnered with a large, newly constructed paper converting manufacturer in the De Pere, WI area to find Machine Assistants! These positions are temp-to-hire and full-time, with loads of growth opportunity.
Job/Company Location: De Pere, WI/Hobart, WI
- Pay Rate: $16+ based on level of experience
- Schedule: 2-2-3 12-hour bi-weekly schedule (2 weeks on days and 2 weeks on nights)
- Hours: 6am-6pm and 6pm-6am
- A newly constructed facility that is safe, comfortable and clean for working and breaks
- Room for growth/direct hire
- Weekly pay
- Overtime available
The purpose of this position is to assist the Machine Operator with the set up and operation of machines that perform a variety of functions, such as rewinding/folding, sawing, banding, wrapping, cartoning, boxing, or stacking of paper goods
- Ability to work safely and accident-free in all job functions
- Examine completed work to verify conformance to work orders along with all areas of quality, and adjust machinery as necessary to correct any issues.
- Start machines and move controls to regulate tension of paper, to synchronize speed of machine components, adjust winding parameters, folding parameters, and all down-stream equipment to meet the specifications of each product.
- Ability to make machine adjustments using basic hand tools.
- Install machine change parts to meet new product specifications.
- Measure, space, and set perforation blades/anvils and slitters according to product specifications.
- Place rolls of paper in machine back stands and safely thread paper through embossers, slitting rolls, folding rolls, re-winder area, etc.
- Fill glue reservoirs.
- Disassemble machines to maintain, repair, or replace broken or worn parts, using hand or power tools.
- Able to run, troubleshoot, grade change all downstream equipment i.e. log bander, roll wrappers, case packers, bundlers, case stackers, etc. along with the folder and/or re-winder.
- Able to meet daily production standards specific to each product.
- Able to meet all quality standards to include completing the quality checklist.
- Able to accurately complete the daily production report including down-time recording.
- Responsible for providing the necessary training needs to the team within the employee's knowledge and capabilities.
- Direct crew members as needed and ensure they are following all safe work practices.
- The ability to demonstrate leadership skills on regular, consistent basis.
- Keep work area clean and organized while following the lean initiatives.
- Manufacturing environment experience required
- Machine assistant/operation exposure is a plus
- Ability to do basic math
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to work in a team
Get a complete career fit with Kelly®.
You're looking to keep your career moving onward and upward, and we're here to help you do just that. Our staffing experts connect you with top companies for opportunities where you can learn, grow, and thrive. Jobs that fit your skills and experience, and most importantly, fit right on your path of where you want to go in your career.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly Services is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We welcome, value, and embrace diversity at all levels and are committed to building a team that is inclusive of a variety of backgrounds, communities, perspectives, and abilities. At Kelly, we believe that the more inclusive we are, the better services we can provide. Requests for accommodation related to our application process can be directed to Kelly's Human Resource Knowledge Center. Kelly complies with the requirements of California's state and local Fair Chance laws. A conviction does not automatically bar individuals from employment.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website