Kelly Services has an immediate need for multiple Material Handlers in Fremont, CA. This a Temp to Hire position supporting one of our top logistics clients in the area. If you or someone you know are interested, please apply online.
Pay Rate: 19.25 to 19.50 per hour
The function of a material handler is to process parts through the organization. Material handlers handle a variety of materials and products.
- Must be able to use warehouse management system and proficient in email communication
- Use hand truck, dollies or pallet jack equipment to move material or freight in the warehouse-storage facility
- Unload merchandise or product as received
- Weight merchandise or product, get measurements (DIMS)
- Receive, unpack, check and verify merchandise or product, to ensure accuracy.
- Take Receiving Exceptions as needed
- Use handhelds RF tools to receive merchandise or product into WMS
- Conduct: stock checks, part number verification, Cycle Counts, support physical inventory
- Consolidate loads as required
- Pack, re-pack & wrap product for shipping
- Consolidate partial pallets into full pallets for location/inventory consolidation
- Label parts as needed during put away, picking or shipping process
- Pick parts for: order fulfillment, shipments, scrap request, etc
- Pack & shrink wrap orders or outgoing shipments
- Strap pallets or boxes as needed
- Stage completed orders or shipments to staging area
- Ensures that orders and shipping material is accompanied with proper delivery documents: Revised BOL, Packing slip, Manual tag, etc
- Informs lead/supervisor on a timely manner about OSD (Overages, shortages & damage) found while picking orders or shipments
- Ensures compliance with all company policies, procedures and safety guidelines
- Completes paperwork thoroughly and promptly
- Performs housekeeping tasks to maintain a clean & safe work environment
- Assists other team members as needed
- Cross-trains as needed to learn other warehouse functions
- May perform a variety of tasks related to warehousing
- Completes other duties as assigned
- Strong in customer service and attention to detail
- Take ownership of assigned tasks and complete in a timely manner
- Demonstrate ability to interact well with others and follow instructions
- Flexibility and ability to adjust to sudden changes in operational goals
- Ability to read and write, comprehend basic checklists, forms or other documents
- Ability to follow oral and written directions
- Must be able to stand, walk, use hands to handle objects, or reach with hands and arms, climb ladders, kneel, crouch
- Must be able to lift and move items up to 50 lbs. unassisted while using safe lifting techniques
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule including overtime and to cover escalations if required.
Qualifications & Skills needed:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Basic math & writing skills
- Computer skills (MS Office)
- Knowledge of handhelds RF equipment a plus
- May need to use light power tools
- PIT (sit down) experience, a plus
As a worker today, it's up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what's next is what we're all about. We know what's going on in the evolving world of work—just ask the 440,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website