Pack Systems Optimization Engineer:
Contract: 12+ months (Generally renewed annually)
Benefits: Eligible for enhanced benefits
Location: Dearborn, MI
- Crash structure including frame/subframe, suspension, steering system, wheel end, flexibles, power plant, dash mounted components or exhaust (as applicable).
- Analyze complex systems
- Develop benchmarks for multifunctional systems, including enterprise cost, weight and function
- Cascade realistic/balanced targets and functional breakdown to deliver quality and value
- Develop cross-functional solutions that deliver cost, weight, performance and meet customer needs
- Lead trade-off discussions in Systems Engineering Reviews
- Work with purchasing to determine cost effective sourcing of the system
- Develop new methods for system optimization and drive into the engineering process
- Use SysML to document system information e.g. requirements, behavior, and structure
- Strong empathy and communication skills to enable collaboration
- Great emotional resilience to negotiate cross functional trade-offs
- Strong systems thinking and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and written, ability to concisely summarize complex concepts
- 2+ years of automotive and Systems Engineering experience
- 2+ years of relevant domain knowledge in body structures, electrical systems, electrical motors, chassis, or vehicle engineering
- Skill with a current optimization software such as Mode frontier or Heeds Demonstrated cross-functional team leadership ability
- Experienced in CAD, SysML and quality documentation (DFMEA, LFMA, Boundary Documents)
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, System's Engineering, or Physics
Kelly puts you in charge of your career, with access to cutting edge projects and technologies in industry leading organizations. Top companies throughout the world have trusted Kelly as a premier source of engineering talent and services since 1965. And engineering job seekers know Kelly as a firm with an unmatched reputation for quality, integrity and professionalism. Whether you seek the variety and flexibility of working on short term project engagements, or prefer contract-to-hire or direct hire placement with our clients, apply with Kelly to explore opportunities that suit your specific professional interests.About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website