Kelly is now seeking a Packaging Engineer for a 12-month contract position located in Cleveland, OH. Apply Today!
Title: Packaging Engineer - Cleveland, OH
- Work with PM/Sales/Marketing to understand packaging requirements for unit of sale packaging and displays (FAMs)
- Work with Suppliers to explain packaging requirements and confirm whether an existing structure will work with new lamps.
- When required, have the displays quoted for material cost and labor assembly costs
- Design and perform ISTA testing on new structures. Set and monitor testing standards used by all suppliers.
- Interface cross-functionally with Sourcing, China Packaging, Product Management, Manufacturing, Quality, Distribution, and Technology in completing packaging projects including TCO projects for both sourced and manufactured products.
- Coordinate common packaging structures across manufacturing/packing locations in conjunction with select packaging suppliers
- Maintain the packaging design database by linking drawings to technical lamps
- Lead project reviews and report upward progress of projects.
- Understand regulatory requirements and ensure design intent on new or modified structures.
- Analyze product damage, determine root cause, and implement packaging corrective actions to eliminate issue.
- Update and develop pallet configuration standards. (CAPE diagrams)
- Ensure shipping and receiving requirements of key customers by correcting and implementing palletizing, bar coding and labeling requirements.
- Understand and build packaging bills of materials in FLEX
- BS in packaging engineering with at least 2-3 years relevant work experience
- Project leadership: demonstrated ability to develop and meet schedules, financial goals, and commercial requirements
- Ability to communicate effectively across organizational lines
- Strong leadership skills and ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to drive change and challenge the status quo
- Excel and PowerPoint proficiency
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Consumer products packaging design experience
- Shop floor knowledge – BOMs
- Distribution operations experience
The Managed Solutions practice within Kelly Outsourcing and Consulting Group (KellyOCG®) is one focus within the full array of Kelly Services® workforce solutions.
Kelly Services has transformed from the staffing industry pioneer to a leading workforce solutions provider. KellyOCG is the distinguished outsourcing and consulting segment of Kelly Services, known for applying a forward-looking approach that enables companies to make strategic workforce planning decisions that impact their business and competitive advantage.
The Managed Solutions practice area of KellyOCG is dedicated to partnering with clients to architect and implement solutions that put them in a position to meet their operational obligation to their organization and freedom to focus on their more strategic business needs.About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website