Controls Automation Engineer – Contract
Kelly Engineering Resources is hiring a Controls Automation Engineer with hardware knowledge and 1+ years' experience in the software design and development for plant automation machinery such as 6-axis robotics, machine vision systems, etc. This position is a 6-month contract position with the potential for contract to hire and is located in the Neenah-Appleton area of Wisconsin. Our client is a global manufacturer of electro-mechanical products and robotic systems. The main focus of this role includes:
- Design, development, analysis, production, and commercialization of innovative automation software solutions to aid advancement of Manufacturing.
- Deployment of those automation technologies, including robotics, controls, machine vision, etc.
- Ensure sustainment, support and employee training of Automated Solutions across all manufacturing facilities.
- Lead your project from concept through plant implementation, as well as team members involved in your projects.
- Engage with plant and project leadership to understand solution requirements and how automated technologies may advance manufacturing capabilities and operational excellence
- Define & prioritize requirements to ensure the most efficient, effective delivery of enhanced capabilities.
- Produce automated controls hardware and software capabilities.
- Architect and develop hardware and software system concepts that satisfy the Automated Solution requirements gained by engaging with stakeholders.
- Define & select system hardware such as robots, cobots, PLCs, controllers, computer vison, and sensors.
- Equipment installation including associated electrical (control panels, electrical lines, etc.)
- Develop system software such as robot, PLC, machine vision, human machine interfaces, system performance and analysis software, interfaces to Manufacturing Execution Systems, and other interconnectivity as necessary.
- Lead both internal and external project contributors, responsible for programming and development of automation controls hardware and software capabilities.
- Drive capability implementation in accordance with established standards documentation.
- Maintain and deliver controlled software releases to internal customers and external partners using appropriate configuration management tools.
- Develop training materials and documentation
- Provide initial “train-the-trainer” training to ensure effective employment of capabilities.
- Provide deployment support and training for the regional SME's to ensure consistent technology deployment.
- Maintain and propagate best practices and standard work for the capabilities.
- Provide ongoing technical support and capability upgrades over the life cycle of the platform. Plan for capability obsolescence and replacement.
- Share knowledge and expertise (in a collaborative/mentoring manner) with engineers and members of the extended automation team.
- Contribute to their understanding of controls hardware and software engineering, with focus on its relevance to the individual's core areas of responsibility.
- Help build an overall awareness of sound engineering principles, considerations and applications.
- Network with peers and other industry professionals to stay current with industry trends relating to the development and control of automated solutions. Including enhancements to the user experience of the solution operator, technician, and engineer.
- Support the continuous improvement of current systems to meet new customer demand and delivery goals. Includes the use of system data in conjunction with lean principles to drive world class productivity.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Qualifications of the Successful Candidate:
- Bachelor in Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical or Software Engineering is required
- 1+ year of relevant experience on Plant Automation Projects is required and should include:
- Programming 6-axis industrial robots, PLCs, single board computers and other automation peripherals using languages such as RSLogix, Codesys, Python, Fanuc TPP, UR Script, C# or C++
- Project engineering from concept through Implementing on the production floor
- Control panel design & build
- Required interpersonal skills:
- Clear, direct and professional in verbal and written communication.
- Collaboration skills with peers, Sr. Engineers, less experience engineers, plant staff (operators, assemblers, technicians), Executive Leadership.
Your engineering skills are in demand, but how do you find the right fit? Easy. With Kelly® Engineering, our experts connect you with leading organizations where you can learn and grow, collaborate on innovative projects, and keep your skills sharp with top technology. Whether you prefer the variety and flexibility of short-term projects, or are looking for something more long-term, we're here every step of the way to find your dream engineering job.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website