Process Scientist I (Cell Culture)
Kelly Scientific Resources is excited to present a one-year contract Process Scientist I opportunity at a pharmaceutical company that specialize in respiratory diseases, metabolism, immunology, oncology and diseases in the central nervous system located in Fremont, CA.
The Process Science Cell Culture group is currently seeking a highly motivated team member to aid in development of continuous manufacturing.
The candidate will work as an integral member of an innovation team working on platform development of perfusion cell culture as part of the integrated continuous bioprocessing development efforts at BI. In addition to working with the team, the candidate will also work independently to spearhead side-projects, testing new technologies/techniques for proof of concept and optimizing existing state of the art, to advance process development. Day-to-day lab work will be performed at small-, bench-, and pilot-scale and will include (but is not limited to): aseptic cell culture maintenance and expansion, building and operating bioreactors, using various analytical equipment, and preparing cell culture media. The pilot scale process and incumbent hardware will soon transition from development to a GMP setting, so cGMP knowledge is a plus. The candidate is expected to be flexible and nimble in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, and adapt to new changes quickly while ensuring successful delivery of goals.
- Operate glass benchtop and pilot scale single-use perfusion bioreactors
- Cell culture media and buffer preparations
- Support routine lab operations (equipment maintenance, lab housekeeping, etc)
- Perform small scale development experiments
- Research and test new technologies and techniques pertaining to perfusion cell culture
- Meticulous lab notebook keeping; present results at group meetings
- Minimum one weekend shift per month required (non-negotiable)
- B.S. degree with 2+ years or M.S. with 0+ years of experience in biochemical engineering, chemical engineering, bioengineering, or any related fields
- Experience and high level of competency with aseptic technique strongly desired
- Mammalian cell culture lab experience, especially in perfusion mode, strongly desired
- Bioreactor operation (bench/pilot scale, stainless steel or single-use) strongly desired
- Previous experience with Delta V (or other SCADA) a plus
- Expert knowledge of statistics (including software eg JMP), DoE, and/or modeling a plus
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team, multi-task while prioritizing, and exhibiting strong sense of ownership of the work being performed is a must
With Kelly, you'll have access to some of the world's highest regarded scientific organizations—providing you with opportunities to work on today's most challenging, research-intensive, and relevant projects. Our connections can lead you to innovative scientific pursuits you'll be proud to help advance. We work with 90 of the Fortune 100 companies and found opportunities for more than 10,000 scientific professionals last year.
You pursued a career in science to fuel your quest for knowledge and your desire to make the world a better place. Let Kelly fuel your career—connect with us today.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website