Location: Pleasanton, CA
Duration: 6 months+ (possible conversion)
Develop, Manage, and Implement Strategic Sourcing Events
• Lead the development, drafting and approval of strategic sourcing plans for assigned commodities, in particular for indirect goods and services, including the development, review and approval of commodities assigned to direct reports.
• Understand the market dynamics for the good or service being procured, including major suppliers, key pricing trends, general news and development which could affect key decision-making.
• Work closely with internal customers (budget owners), outside suppliers and others to ensure that sourcing strategies are aligned with broader organizational goals.
• Be responsible for drafting comprehensive RFX documents, including both RFIs and RFPs, that correctly capture clients requirements for service or products in high-quality statements of work.
• Issue RFX documents, track and manage the bidding process, including conducting bidder's conferences, walk-throughs, and other activities as necessary to ensure suppliers are provided with adequate opportunity to fully understand our requirements.
• Assist with rationalizing our supplier base to ensure we have the optimal number of suppliers in each area to meet our needs, consistent with driving the total cost of ownership, ensuring business continuity and providing upside capacity for unexpected growth opportunities.
Negotiate and award contracts
• Partner with Procurement and Legal contracting process owners to assist with creation of an appropriate contractual relationship with selected providers including strong terms and conditions, statements of work (as noted above), and periodic evaluation programs.
Manage supplier performance
• Work with internal clients who utilize the supplier to conduct periodic performance reviews of key performance metrics that were agreed to in the contracting process.
• When supplier performance issues are present, work proactively with the supplier to identify causes and solutions to the issues, document those and ensure the supplier works to resolve each issue quickly and permanently.
• The successful candidate for this position will need demonstrated capacity in each of the following areas: Strategic Sourcing, utilizing best practice sourcing processes and strategies; Contract Negotiation; and Process Improvement.
• Minimum of 4-6 years relevant experience
• Must have demonstrated ability to manage multiple, high-complexity projects simultaneously
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, or related field, professional certification CPM, CPIM a plus.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished as automated, written, and oral requests
• Ability to effectively communicate with internal clients, external partners and executive management and articulate complex ideas in an easy to understand manner.
• Good understanding IT Procurement – desktop hardware and software, maintenance and asset management, including strong understanding of IT related accounting principles.
• Familiarity with the use of procurement systems such as Microsoft Dynamics, Coupa, Zycus or similar.
• Proficient use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and web-based ticket system such as Service Now, Remedy, or other.
• Excellent customer service skills, self-starter with ability to work independently or collaboratively within a team, demonstrate strong interpersonal skills as evidenced by the ability to build support, loyalty, and commitment.
With Kelly, you'll have direct connections to leading IT organizations in the best companies around the globe—offering you the chance to work on some of today's most intriguing, innovative and high-visibility projects. In a field where change is the only constant, our connections and opportunities will help you take your career exactly where you want to go. We work with 90 of the Fortune 100™ companies companies and found opportunities for more than 8,600 IT professionals last year. Let us help advance your career today.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website