Production Chemist – San Antonio, TX
Immediate Job Opening!
Kelly Scientific Resources is currently seeking a Production Chemist for one of our top chemical companies located in San Antonio, TX.
As a Production Chemist, you will be responsible for providing chemical support for the production process which involves batch ticket writing, allocation of raw materials, analysis of raw materials, intermediates, and release of finished goods. The Production Chemist will utilize ICP and wet chemistry methodology.
- Manage chemistry personnel and equipment
- Adjusting production batches for pH and % oxide specs
- Operating and creating analytical instrument methods using the ICP-MS and ICP-OES (including MSF and standard addition methods) and interpreting the data
- Analyzing Request for Test samples and sending out reports interpreting the data contained
- Recognizing when a production batch or situation is pressing and/or urgent and acting accordingly to handle the situation
- Filling out maintenance work orders, working with maintenance to resolve problems and contacting instrument technical support to schedule service visits, if necessary
- Reporting analytical data on certificate of analysis (COAs)
- Analyze raw materials, intermediates and finished products
- Perform chemical calculations and analysis for the production and release of products. Be able to adjust batches chemically
- Able to read, interpret, and develop Safety Data Sheets
- Responsible for performing calculations relating to manufactured products and writing/closing batch tickets
- Assisting R&D Chemistry, as needed
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) in chemistry or related field
- Minimum of 2 to 3 years of related experience
- Understanding quality control and familiarity with ISO 9001 International Standard preferred
- Working knowledge of pH, ISE, Titrations, UV-Vis, specific gravity, ICP-MS and ICP-OES
- Wet chemistry skills required
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel and Word
- Knowledge of ISO 9001-2015 International Standard is preferred
- Manufacturing experience is preferred
- M-F; Day Shift
With Kelly, you'll have access to some of the world's highest regarded scientific organizations—providing you with opportunities to work on today's most challenging, research-intensive, and relevant projects. Our connections can lead you to innovative scientific pursuits you'll be proud to help advance. We work with 90 of the Fortune 100 companies and found opportunities for more than 10,000 scientific professionals last year.
You pursued a career in science to fuel your quest for knowledge and your desire to make the world a better place. Let Kelly fuel your career—connect with us today.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website