The successful candidate will have primary responsibility for scheduling all aspects of Small Projects in Michigan Operations (MIOPS). This role provides oversight for Small project schedule development and execution. Through the use of Global Project methodology and Global maintenance work process, the Small Project Scheduler will ensure the appropriate and timely involvement of all functions critical to the success of small projects within plant turnarounds.
- Work with Small Project Managers, Small Project Manager Work Activity Coordinator, TES TA Scheduler, TA Managers, TA Coordinators and, Plant Partners to manage and enhance the MIOPS specific Project scheduling work process.
- Ensure integration of Small Projects schedule with daily maintenance and TA schedule using Playbook 17.
- During the front-end phases of the turnaround planning process integrate operations, projects, and maintenance activities to develop the critical path and optimize.
- During the execution phase of the project; progress the schedule, proactively identify bottlenecks and work with Maintenance, Project and Operations teams to resolve.
- Work with SPM WAC, Client's Contract Admins, Client WAC's, and contractors ensure daily small project work and, small project work executing in turnarounds across MIOps are efficiently resourced.
- Assist SPM WAC in identifying contractor resource constraints.
- Participate in and lead efforts in site, regional, and global networks to develop discipline and tools to raise effectiveness and performance of small project execution
- Generate metrics to demonstrate performance and drive improvements
Education and Experience:
- Minimum High School diploma or equivalent.
- Maintenance Scheduling, Project Management, Construction Management, and/or a combination of field supervision and trade experience is a plus.
- Primavera experience required
- The candidate must demonstrate an exceptional level of communication skills in order to keep engineering and plant partners informed during all stages of project execution.
- Demonstrate organizational skills with a proven ability to manage and track multiple tasks at any given time.
- Flexibility and ability to deal with ever changing conditions and priorities. Be able to adapt to a variety of situations.
- Experience in industrial and/or commercial construction including but not limited to civil, structural, architectural, piping/mechanical and I/E.
- Ability to coordinate construction resources
- SAP and Primavera experience is highly preferred
Your engineering skills are in demand, but how do you find the right fit? Easy. With Kelly® Engineering, our experts connect you with leading organizations where you can learn and grow, collaborate on innovative projects, and keep your skills sharp with top technology. Whether you prefer the variety and flexibility of short-term projects, or are looking for something more long-term, we're here every step of the way to find your dream engineering job.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website