Purchasing Manager – Direct Hire
What's next for you? This great job. Finding a job that fits your lifestyle isn't always easy. That's where Kelly® Professional & Industrial comes in. We're seeking a Purchasing Manager to work at a state-of-the-art food manufacturing facility in Valley, AL. We're here to help you find something great that works for you—so you won't miss a moment of what really matters in your life.
This job might be an outstanding fit if you:
The purchasing manager position supports production and purchasing department in the processing of approved purchase requisitions for purchase This includes but not limited to the essential functions listed below. Procured items are plant supplies, operating supplies, labels, packaging, and ingredients and other items as determined by Sr. Director of Purchasing
- Daily Dry Goods inventory monitoring
- Daily Dry Goods transactions and confirmations
- Weekly Operating Supply order
- Daily Uniform Bill reconciliation
- Daily P.O. processing/reporting
- Processing of production/QA purchase orders as needed
- Reviewing MRP report on a daily basis
- Reviewing inventory with warehouse personnel to make proper buying decision
- Dry Goods Freight billing reconciliation as necessary
- Packaging and Ingredient floor stock levels as demand dictates
- On-site purchasing contract management
- Purchasing duties as assigned by Sr. Director of Purchasing
- Dry Good inventory management Accounts Payable reconciliation
- Team Player
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, i.e. Word, Excel
- Self-starter Multi-tasker
- Numbers oriented
- Work without close supervision
Education and Experience:
- H.S. Diploma Minimum - some college, or college degree preferred
- Equivalent experience will be taken into consideration
- Previous purchasing and inventory experience in food industry a plus
You're looking to keep your career moving onward and upward, and we're here to help you do just that. Our financial staffing experts will connect you with premier companies for opportunities where you can learn, grow, and thrive. Jobs that fit your skills and experience, and most importantly, fit right on your path of where you want to go in in your career. It all adds up.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website