QC Chemist- Somerset, NJ 08873
Contract to hire
The Quality Control Chemists perform the testing on raw materials, bulk formulations, finished products, stability samples, and any other samples from plant operations which require chemical analysis.
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Sampling and testing of raw materials.
- Physical and chemical testing of bulk and (pre-fill, finished product, and stability) product.
- Maintaining laboratory notebook and checking the work of others.
- Maintaining the work area in an orderly manner.
- Keeps current with all SOP's dealing with their job assignments.
- Reports any problems with assays or components to the QC Lab Supervisor.
- Responsible for preparing and standardizing any reagents or standard materials required for
- Reports any supply needs to the QC Lab Supervisor.
- Disposes of unused samples and laboratory waste in appropriate containers.
- Performs calibration of lab instruments.
- Cleaning of laboratory glassware.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- BA or BS in chemistry. Minimum two years of experience in the lab performing chemistry
- Experience with High Pressure Liquid Chromatography, Infra-Red (IR), Gas Chromatograph (GC), Ultra Violet/Visible, Particle Size Analysis, KF Titration and wet chemistry skills are required. Familiarity with HPLC/GC analytical software.
- Familiarity with GLP/GMP guidelines.
- Good Communication and writing skills.
- Familiarity with out-of-specification (OOS) and out-of-trend (OOT) investigation.
- Computer literate.
- Experience with USP/EP monographs. Must have GMP experience in an FDA related environment, inclusive of 21 CFR Part 11 compliance criteria.
With Kelly, you'll have access to some of the world's highest-regarded scientific organizations— providing you with opportunities to work on today's most challenging, research-intensive, and relevant projects. Our connections can lead you to innovative scientific pursuits you'll be proud to help advance. We work with 95 of the Fortune 100™ companies, and found opportunities for more than 9,000 scientific professionals last year.
You pursued a career in science to fuel your quest for knowledge and your desire to make the world a better place. Let Kelly fuel your career—connect with us today.About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website