Quality & Food Safety Technician - Cypress, CA
Job Summary: The role of Warehouse Quality and Food Safety Technician is primarily responsible for ensuring the products we receive, and ship Meet all relevant Quality and Food Safety requirements or specifications. This role is very hands-on and collaborates both within function, as well as with other functions, especially warehouse, production, and sanitation. The role is primarily conducted through active product, materials, and trailer/container/truck monitoring and inspection out in the warehouse and through the completion of any required written and/or electronic documentation, and relevant sampling lab/QC testing and analysis. This role will also be expected to be capable of cross-training to support Production Quality & Food Safety role, as needed.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor and evaluate incoming raw materials, packaging, finished product, etc.
- Perform Quality, Food Safety, and overall sanitary transport inspections and disposition of inbound/outbound trailers and their contents
- Conduct sampling and visual /physical analyses on raw material and finished product, as required
- Maintain robust communication with manager, warehouse personnel, and customer service on observations, escalations, dispositions, etc.
- Perform warehouse quality and food safety audits/inspections of facility, stored and staged product and identify and communicate risk areas and potential solutions to manage or reduce risk.
- Perform walk-with's with Pest Management Service; perform spot audits for signs of infestation or related risk factors
- Complete required written and/or electronic documentation as required
- Maintain a collaborative and positive team environment
- Conduct environmental swabbing in warehouse, as required
- Help to ensure quality and food safety requirements, especially related to transportation and storage are understood within the department and on the production floor.
- Help to ensure compliance with all food safety regulations and supporting food safety and prerequisite programs¿HACCP/HARPC, Sanitary Transport, Food Defense
- Adhere to and role model any workplace safety practices
- Assist in investigation and resolution of customer/consumer complaints, including root cause analyses and CAPA implementation.
- Strongly detailed and accurate documentation of quality or food safety challenges including, but not limited to:
- Holds and reasons for holds
- Inbound/Outbound Issues
- Customer/Consumer specific issues or requirements
- Pest issue risk management
- Internal Audit Findings
- Foreign Object Findings
- Incorrect documentation or labeling
- High School Diploma or GED. Associate degree or higher in technical field is a plus, but not required.
- Minimum 2 years' experience in a food distribution / processing / manufacturing environment.
- PCQI certified is a plus (but can be obtained in role)
- Must be fluent in English preferred bi-lingual Spanish and able to communicate clearly and effectively, both written and orally.
- Solid understanding of HACCP / HARPC, GMPs and basic quality and food safety prerequisite programs.
- Basic understanding of food safety regulations (i.e. FDA-Sanitary Transport, USDA-Organic,)
- Strong attention to detail, thorough, focused, able to work independently.
- Ability to work cooperatively as a team member and respond promptly.
- Microsoft Office Proficiency, (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) required.
- SharePoint experience is a plus.
- Must be able to lift to 50 pounds to enable sampling and inspection.
- Ability to stand, walk, or bend, etc. for extended periods of time.
- Must have reliable, consistent, and unconditional mode of transportation to and from Work
For Immediate Consideration, Apply Today! Questions? Call Airika at 562-206-2707 or Email at email@example.com
With Kelly, you'll have access to some of the world's highest regarded scientific organizations—providing you with opportunities to work on today's most challenging, research-intensive, and relevant projects. Our connections can lead you to innovative scientific pursuits you'll be proud to help advance. We work with 90 of the Fortune 100 companies and found opportunities for more than 10,000 scientific professionals last year.
You pursued a career in science to fuel your quest for knowledge and your desire to make the world a better place. Let Kelly fuel your career—connect with us today.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website