Kelly Engineering has an AMAZING opportunity for a Quality Inspector located in Otsego, MN.
The objective of this position is to ensure products and components perform to specifications and standards. Responsible for coordinating and conducting measurements to complete evaluations and communication of results.
- Complete inspections, and communicate results of inspections and process.
- Recommend design and manufacturing methods for quality improvements.
- Able to select appropriate measurement tools and proficiently use measurement tools and technologies to validate that parts and components comply to specifications.
- Understand prints, specifications, and geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T) best practices, applying basic inspection concepts, techniques, and processes to accurately perform measurements.
- Work with quality engineering, design and manufacturing engineering to determine if product or component meets specifications.
- Provide summarized results and document findings.
- Investigate non-compliant results and recommend modifications to parts or processes which assure compliance.
- Understand statistical terminology and be able to collect data for statistical techniques.
- Apply findings to develop control charts, process capability, and specification limits.
- Must be able to apply quality tools, including continuous improvement techniques, problem solving, and lean concepts.
- Perform work cleanly, safely and with organization, demonstrating care for equipment, facilities and co-workers.
- Audit work areas and document compliance of cleanliness standards.
- Develop quality and process standards to meet performance requirements.
- Establish policies that maintain integrity of these standards.
- Understand manufacturing processes and their impact to part or component quality.
- Investigate manufacturing problems and make recommendations to resolve and/or correct such problems.
- Be aware of trends and developments in product design and manufacturing processes that can be used to impact quality and cost.
- Participate in the planning and application of these trends and developments.
- 4 yr degree, or Technical Degree relevant experience required
- Extensive knowledge of MS Excel Working knowledge of MS Word, PowerPoint, and Project.
- Metrology competence
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to follow written instructions
Your engineering skills are in demand, but how do you find the right fit? Easy. With Kelly® Engineering, our experts connect you with leading organizations where you can learn and grow, collaborate on innovative projects, and keep your skills sharp with top technology. Whether you prefer the variety and flexibility of short-term projects, or are looking for something more long-term, we're here every step of the way to find your dream engineering job.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website