One year + contract!
$55 per hour
This candidate will champion the Quality Management System through planning, coordinating, and directing programs that allow our business to meet and exceed our customer's expectations. The Quality Manager will drive compliance with all standards and regulations while promoting continuous improvement at all levels throughout the facility.
• Lead the organization's Quality Management System to conform to ISO 9001/AS 9100, regulatory/legal, customer, and internal requirements through research, documentation, processes, and training
• Promote and interpret a quality and continuous improvement philosophy throughout the organization
• Develop, initiate, and sustain standards, tools, and processes for inspection, testing, and evaluation
• Plan and oversee the analysis, inspection, design, testing, and/or integration to ensure the quality of all products or components.
• Perform quality reviews of documentation and floor processes for compliance with all standards, customer, and process requirements
• Seek out opportunities and apply applicable statistical tools to provide data-driven evaluations and metrics for current processes and any process changes
• Continuously review KPIs for Quality and Manufacturing and suggest metric changes to management as applicable
• Lead or manage the creation and updating of all Quality and Process documentation
• Initiate or support root cause analysis of customer and internal quality problems. Utilize appropriate problem-solving tools to provide a structured solution
• Inform management of any quality issues or developments, while coordinating with Production any stop-works, containment, or workarounds required
• Work with customer to understand and address any product quality issues. Seek the assistance of process experts internally or externally as required
• Manage internal inspections, quality toll gates, and audits to ensure continuous control over materials, facilities, and product
• Lead Quality Management reviews
• Design and implement quality training programs for all plant personnel as required
• Perform other duties or assignments as directed by management
What You Need for this Position
Bachelor's Degree in Science, Engineering, or similar discipline with 4-10 years of experience with the following:
• Quality Management System (QMS) for manufacturing
• AS9100 / ISO 9001
• Lean Manufacturing
• Six Sigma Methodologies
• Continuous Improvement
Quality Manager – St. Louis 12 month contract at minimum
St. Louis is the Global Headquarters for the Membrane Business; 100,000 sq feet; 24/7 operation
M-Fri – 7-4; onsite; minimal travel – up to 3x/year
30% Supply Chain – Incoming
40% Internal Quality Management
30% Outgoing Quality Management- Supplier mgmt.
Should have 4-10 years as a quality manager – extensive work
AS9100 quality background
AS9001 if not from the aerospace industry
Must know quality principle disciplines
Lead, Mentor small team
Assist with process improvement
Global PED certification - bonus (pressure equipment)
CQE – Certified Quality Engineer - preferred
CQM – Certified Quality Manager – preferred
Why Kelly® Engineering?
Your engineering skills are in demand, but how do you find the right fit? Easy. At Kelly Engineering, our team creates expert talent solutions to solve the world's most critical challenges. We connect you with leading organizations where you can collaborate on innovative projects, work with cutting-edge technologies and accelerate your growth. Whether you prefer the variety and flexibility of short-term projects or are looking for a long-term opportunity, we're here to guide you to the next step in your engineering career.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly Services is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We welcome, value, and embrace diversity at all levels and are committed to building a team that is inclusive of a variety of backgrounds, communities, perspectives, and abilities. At Kelly, we believe that the more inclusive we are, the better services we can provide. Requests for accommodation related to our application process can be directed to Kelly's Human Resource Knowledge Center. Kelly complies with the requirements of California's state and local Fair Chance laws. A conviction does not automatically bar individuals from employment.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website