PLEASE BE LOCAL TO AUBURN, MIDLAND AND SURROUNDING AREA
- Our Fortune 500 chemical customer is seeking a Quality Specialist for long-term contract opportunity for a Quality Specialist at their site located in Auburn, MI. The Auburn Site is an IATF16949 certified site that supports a global customer base for automotive, electronics, aerospace, and other specialty industries. The Quality Specialist coordinates, coaches and actively promotes plant quality programs required to profitably meet customer needs and product regulatory requirements to achieve customer satisfaction. In this role you will act as a plant subject matter resource in quality programs, processes and tools by providing training, coaching, and overall guidance to enhance front line knowledge and accountability for quality across key roles. In addition, the Quality Specialist promotes and enables a customer-focused culture within the plant by championing complex customer requirements and interfaces which requires expanded conceptual and practical knowledge within this job discipline.
Responsibilities / Duties
- Supports implementation and maintenance of the business/site quality programs which align to the Business Quality Strategy at the plant level.
- Provides an effective interface between customers and the plant to ensure consistent high-quality service to customers. Represents the “Voice of Customer” at the plant level.
- Acts as a plant interface to build or enhance cross-functional relationships across multiple sites or within a complex system, services and flow of information between the plant and the customer, Purchasing, Supply chain, R&D/TS&D, Product Stewardship, Commercial organization related to the product quality/regulatory requirements related to the quality management system.
- Continually improves effectiveness of the quality management system and demonstrates influential leadership in the execution of improvement opportunities.
- Generates and uses quality data to drive product quality improvements.
- Supports plant level management of change activities related to product quality.
- Ensures plant Operating Discipline system, procedures and guidelines meet quality system requirements, as appropriate and serves as element focal point for the quality requirements of the Operating Discipline Management System.
- provides guidance to plant and other roles that impact product quality on customer and product regulatory requirements, and the use of supporting quality tools and processes to achieve plant and business goals.
- Identifies and leads product quality improvement opportunities and problem-solving efforts at the plant level, as determined through data analysis, customer feedback, continual improvement projects, and other quality-related programs.
- Supports the plant quality system audit program and conducts internal and third party audits, in conjunction with Business or Site strategies, leveraging findings to drive continual improvement.
- Bachelor's degree in Chemistry or other scientific disciplines will be considered
- 3-5 years of quality, manufacturing or related experience is preferred
Kelly® Science is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website