R&D PROCESS LAB TECHNOLOGIST- Linden NJ 07065
Temporary to Hire
The Process Lab Technologist will utilize various technologies to support product development, through all stages (concept, bench-top, sensory testing, pilot production) and communicate with broker/ customer on product development and sample requests. He or she will assist production upscales and work with R&D team to provide scalable, process specifications and follow established procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assembling, operating, disassembling and cleaning distillation and extraction equipment.
- Observing and troubleshooting processes and reporting issues to Lab Manager.
- Understanding of general chemistry related to processes.
- Sourcing of raw materials for new product development.
- Keeping track of and rotating broker/ customer stock samples.
- Navigation of web-based formula book software.
- Assist in formulation of new products, conduct product testing, and sensory evaluations.
- Provide technical information and support to customers as required.
- Observe all Lab protocols and Safety Regulations consistently.
- Maintain a clean lab and organize broker/ customer R&D samples.
- Records and reports data to meet project objectives
- Willingness to learn proper procedures for maintenance and best practices for
- operating processing lab equipment.
- Performs and assists all R&D activities, compounding, sample preparation, and data entry
with minimal supervision as assigned to meet project deadlines.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or 2-5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have effective time management, mechanical aptitude, following written directions.
- Strong communication skills to interact with other departments such as regulatory, QC, production, sensory, shipping and customer service.
- An understanding of GC-MS and HPLC fundamentals from a theory of operation perspective.
- An advance sense of taste and smell and ability to describe taste/smell in a detailed manner
- Knowledge of database software; internet software; manufacturing software; spreadsheet software and word processing software.
Kelly® Science is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website