Kelly Services' Outsourcing & Consulting Group has an opening for a Real World Evidence Analyst/Programmer in Pharmaceutical Research. This is a long-term assignment with benefits based in West Chester, PA. Candidates must have advanced clinical SAS programming and analysis experience in HEOR and Epidemiological Research, demonstrated solid experience in using the TRUVEN/Marketscan databases for the purpose of HEOR and safety studies, and have experience in HEOR and safety surveillance epidemiology and other uses of RWE for medical/pharmaceutical research.
The RWE Analyst will primarily support strategic product value generation initiatives through statistical programming and analytics for Observational and Real World Evidence using large health care administrative databases, electronic medical records, and registries. The incumbent will utilize SAS, web-based analytics tools and other programming languages to efficiently work with very large real world databases, to identify and discover target patient populations, disease prevalence and risk factors, describe drug utilization, treatment patterns and disease progression, and other exploratory questions. In this role, the RWE Analyst will work closely within a cross-functional team to execute and deliver on projects in an accurate, effective and timely manner.
- Provide statistical programming support for assigned projects, focusing on real world data analyses from large databases (e.g., Electronic Health Records, medical claims, registries etc.).
- Efficiently manipulate large databases including complex data preprocessing, filtering and manipulation using SAS.
- Develop and implement efficient SAS programs and reusable macros as relevant for big data solutions and in particular RWE studies.
- Assist in development of detailed protocols and SAP according to study objectives. Create table and dataset specifications, in collaboration with statisticians and study leads.
- Prepare appropriate datasets by defining patient or disease cohorts, establishing study samples, and structuring data according to research objectives and study design.
- Perform statistical analysis, generate analytic reports, tables, graphics, and slides, and communicate project findings to cross functional teams, or stakeholders.
- In addition to hands-on SAS programming, leverage available web-based RWE analytical tools.
- Provide technical expertise to implement programming and methodology for complex RWE studies.
- Develop and implement rigorous QC processes and programming templates to ensure quality of data and analyses.
- Assist in creation and implementation of validation activities for RWE studies following departmental SOPs.
- Ensure quality and timely deliverables for all assigned studies/projects.
- Interface with the IT department to maintain and develop computing capacity and analytic tools for RWE studies.
- Collaborate effectively in a matrix and cross-functional environment with programmers, statisticians, epidemiologists, outcomes research scientists and other stakeholders across global R&D such as Medical Affairs, Health Economics and Outcomes Research (HEOR), Clinical Development, Pharmacovigilance and Regulatory Affairs.
- Ensure professional development to enhance knowledge, skills, communication, scientific methodology, operational efficiency, and compliance with policies, regulations, and corporate standards and processes.
- An advanced educational degree (MA/MS, PhD, ScD, PharmD, etc.) in a quantitative science such as statistics, biometrics, epidemiology, econometrics, psychometrics, operations research, engineering, computer science, data/life science, etc.
- A minimum of 5 years hands-on professional SAS programming experience including data steps, procedures, SAS/MACRO, SAS/SQL, SAS/GRAPH, and Stats modules.
- A minimum of 2 years hands-on work experience with real world studies using large claims/EMR databases in HEOR or related functions.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge working with Truven/IBM Marketscan data and similar healthcare databases.
- Hands-on experience working with large complex and relational databases with knowledge and efficient use of SQL knowledge.
- Knowledge and experience in developing analysis and reporting deliverables for R&D projects (data, analyses, tables, graphics, listings).
- Experience working with medical and billing coding systems such as ICD-9, ICD-10, SNOMED, LOINC, NDC, HCPCS, CPT.
- Understanding of observational research or statistical terminology and concepts is essential.
- Ability to quickly and effectively learn new programming techniques and data structures; capacity to seamlessly assimilate to new projects is required.
- Ability to comprehend analysis plans which may describe observational research and statistical programming methodology to be programmed needed.
- Strong oral, written and communication skills is required.
- Takes direction effectively and completes tasks at a project level.
- Ability to collaborate with key stakeholders in a global, cross-functional and multi-cultural setting.
- Self-motivation and passion for learning is necessary, self-initiation, takes responsibility for work and ability to meet deadlines are required.
- Excellent organization skills with strong attention to detail, clarity, accuracy, and conciseness.
- Ability to plan, organize, and work on multiple tasks simultaneously in different therapeutic areas is required.
- Experience working in GxP and non-GxP environments.
The following skills are a plus:
- SAS Big Data certification and experience with distributed computing environments such as Hadoop or cloud.
- Experience working with state-of-art RWE analytics tools such as Instant Health Data and Aetion.
- Experience with sampling strategies for large healthcare databases.
- Experience with data standards and common data models for RW data such as OMOP.
- Experience with other statistical software and visualization tools such as R, Python, RShiny, Spotfire, Tablaeu or Qlikview.
- Experience with Ex-US healthcare databases.
If you meet the qualifications above and are interested in pursuing this opportunity, please submit your resume for immediate consideration!
This position comes with enhanced benefits which include:
- 50/50 shared healthcare cost (Kelly pays 50% of the monthly premium, employee pays 50%) *
- Paid sick days and vacation days*
Perks of being a Kelly employee:
- Weekly electronic pay
- Access to more than 3,000 online training courses though Kelly Learning center
- Online application system
- Never an applicant fee
*benefits to be received upon meeting eligibility requirements
Important information: This position is recruited for by a remote Kelly office, not your local Kelly branch. To be considered for this position, you must use the Submit Resume or Apply Now button to submit your resume.
The Managed Solutions practice within Kelly Outsourcing and Consulting Group (KellyOCG®) is one focus within the full array of Kelly Services® workforce solutions.
Kelly Services has transformed from the staffing industry pioneer to a leading workforce solutions provider. KellyOCG is the distinguished outsourcing and consulting segment of Kelly Services, known for applying a forward-looking approach that enables companies to make strategic workforce planning decisions that impact their business and competitive advantage.
The Managed Solutions practice area of KellyOCG is dedicated to partnering with clients to architect and implement solutions that put them in a position to meet their operational obligation to their organization and freedom to focus on their more strategic business needs.About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website