Kelly Services is seeking an Inside Sales / Customer Service Representative in Lenexa, KS!
8:00 am - 5:00 pm M-F
$16.00 - $19.00/hour
Location: Lenexa, KS 66219
Temp to Hire Opportunity!
Job Title: Commercial Inside Sales / Customer Service :
NATURE AND SCOPE: Responsible for the Sales of product in accordance with customer requirements and information generated from Sales Department. Involved in sourcing new product and negotiating pricing with suppliers. Reports to the Operations Manager.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Sales personnel/Customer Service are involved in all aspects of the Sales of product which include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Source product based on information received from Sales Department which can include but is not limited to the customer s request for quotation, the customer s requirement portfolio and verbal communication of information from the Sales Department.
2. Expanding product knowledge to assist in negotiating reasonable pricing, suggest cost saving ideas to personnel and suppliers and to have a better understanding of the product being purchased.
3. Researching customer vendor sales and purchasing histories to make sure current pricing is in line with past pricing and current market conditions.
4. Gain understanding of the distribution framework and learn on the job how a distributor operates and provides end users and customers added value in the fastener industry.
5. Working with large supplier base to acquire quotes for new business RFQs, analyze those quotes, understand lead time requirements and pricing questions, then present formal quote to customer based on policy regarding quoting customers.
6. Follow direction from Operations Manager and be able to effectively complete assigned tasks with little to no supervision.
7. Effectively and routinely communicating with the office warehouse staff to streamline and coordinate interdepartmental requests and tasks. Must strive each day to learn how to most effectively spend time and add value. Suggest recommend continuous improvement projects and ideas when appropriate to the operations manager for review and discussion.
8. Answering questions regarding shipping dates for pending and open orders and answering stock questions from customers via email or phone. Working closely with warehouse manager to understand the speed at which warehouse pickers can prepare orders and effectively communicate that information to potential expedite requests from customers.
9. Enter customer orders received via the Sales Inbox, by phone, by fax or through customer website as necessary.
10. Expand knowledge of subcontractors which may include, but is not limited to, visiting the subcontractor, reading literature on the subcontractor or communication with the subcontractor on a wide range of issues. Initiate cost down projects with subcontractors, with Operations Manager approval.
11. Working with Purchasing Department Operations Manager to monitor and determine reorder points low stock alerts at appropriate intervals to avoid shortages and purchase accordingly. Expedite stock if needed to maintain customer satisfaction.
12. Work with the ISO Management Representative and quality department to ensure customer satisfaction. Assist Operations Manager in any quality related projects that are or become necessary.
13.When hired on Some travel needed on a bi-weekly or weekly basis. OTJ training for these trips will occur at the instruction of the Operations Manager and or the Outside Sales rep.
14. Acceptance of additional responsibilities not outlined in this job description as stipulated by Management and the Operations Manager.
15. In person auditing and box shelving required on a weekly or bi-weekly basis for Nifast Consignment/VMI accounts. Additional consignment/VMI tasks assigned when necessary.
As a worker today, it's up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what's next is what we're all about. We know what's going on in the evolving world of work—just ask the 440,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website