Senior Java Developer
Type: Direct Hire
Compensation: ($110,000 -$120,000 base) + 10% bonus potential
- This is a 100% remote position. The entire team is remote
- Excellent benefits (Individuals and entire family will be covered with zero out of pocket)
Kelly IT has teamed up with a company that provides industry-leading identity protection and advanced threat intelligence that enable its clients to combat an ever-changing cyber threat landscape. We are passionate about our culture and offer team members rewarding opportunities in a fast-growing, dynamic environment.
We are one of the leading providers of cyber threat intelligence solutions. Our priority is to maintain the security of our participants. We are looking for a results-oriented software developer who demonstrates the ability to develop and refine APIs. This candidate must be a self-starter, a strong team player with at least 5+ years in increasingly challenging assignments and be capable of filling the role of team lead. Background should include design and development experience in high-volume, highly scalable, and high-availability environments.
As a Senior Developer, you will be responsible to build and maintain our products, automate processes and build and foster a culture of trust, accountability and innovation. You will be working with gritty, entrepreneurial team members that truly care about what they are working on and love the autonomy and the creativity of a lean, dynamic environment. Our teams work remotely and use the latest tools and technologies to collaborate on execution.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Work with a small team of engineers & developers, to ensure product delivery and best coding practices.
· Regularly assess current API and data integration strategies and suggest improvements and new ways to engage with data.
· Lead and engage in architectural reviews and peer feedback on design and code artifacts.
· Show high ownership and responsibility over individual deliverables as well as team deliverables.
· Code follows established design patterns and contains few bugs when committed.
· Designs new solutions or redesigns systems based on broader requirements.
· Empowered to resolve and design solutions around blockers and sign off on blocker resolutions.
· Mentor junior developers and ensure high grade delivery among junior developers.
· Be available to provide high-level response insight in to customer issues and customer integration strategies to Sales Engineering and other direct customer facing team members.
· Adhere to quantitative benchmarks to assess individual contribution.
· Contribute to technical design documents and communication of the architectural impact across functional areas, from customer facing product, to internal only facing processes/tools.
· Develop code, contribute to refactoring activities, provide guidance regarding efficiency opportunities.
· Comply with coding standards and assist junior team members on compliance.
This position does not necessarily have direct reports but will require strong teamwork and may require support or management of external off-shore/third party teams.
Required Education, Experience, and Skills
· BS, or MS. in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent.
· 5+ years of experience as a Java Developer
· Strong analytical, problem solving skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Self-starter with excellent interpersonal, motivational, and facilitation skills
· Strong, proven problem-solving skills with the ability to quickly analyze the most expedient method to recover business operations
· Must be committed to a culture of continuous improvement
· Exceptional customer service skills, in addition to extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
· Must be able to communicate effectively with users, executives and senior leaders at all levels
· Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks
· Passionate about technology.
· Excellent skills in critical thinking and analysis, meeting facilitation, verbal and written communications, and interpersonal interactions (e.g., partnering, conflict management, mediation, etc.).
· Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Loves to explain the technology and has a gift for concisely explaining complex topics.
· Familiarity with JSON, Python, Java and other programming languages is required. Familiarity with Elastic Search, network architecture, Kibana, and other analysis tools will be strongly considered. Familiarity with Jira/Atlassian tool kit is required.
· 5+ years' experience with DB's such as MySQL / MariaDB / MS SQL Server
· Well versed with Microservices, containerization (Kubernetes, Docker, Etc.) and Node.JS is required
· REST API development experience
· Strong GIT version control skills
· Strong Linux, Bash, Automation skills
· Familiarity with Test Driven Development practices
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Experience working with and refactoring existing code
· Solid understanding of application vulnerabilities and security
· Experience working in a team utilizing an agile approach
If this describes you, please apply today!
By partnering with Kelly® Technology, you'll have direct connections to top companies around the globe—giving you the chance to put your tech skills to work on some of today's most intriguing, innovative, and high-visibility projects. In a world where change is the only constant, our unparalleled connections and IT market expertise help you take your skills exactly where you want to go. We're here to help you gain experience, keep learning, and move your career forward.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website