Senior Research Associate, Analytical Development - Uptown, Seattle
Kelly Science and Clinical is the world's most recognized brand in science and clinical staffing with more than 100 locations in North America, Europe, and the Pacific Rim. Our scientists contribute to the research and development of the next generation of small molecule drugs, biologics and cellular therapies.
We are seeking a contract Research Associate for one of our clients, commercial-stage biopharmaceutical company based in Seattle. This position will support preclinical and clinical development and commercialization of small molecules. The incumbent will bring a strong technical background including development, transfer, and qualification of analytical methods, characterizing physicochemical attributes of therapeutic candidates, developing new and orthogonal methods for extended characterization, and evaluating orthogonal and complimentary technologies to improve throughput. This position will also contribute to tech transfer to clinical and commercial stage CRO s/CMO s and may contribute to managing external CRO s who may develop and implement methods for routine testing and extended characterization
- Analytical method development, testing, transfer, qualification, and validation in a GLP and/or GMP environment Troubleshoot typical method and equipment challenges
- Write standard test methods, technical reports summarizing analytical data, and qualification / validation reports
- Participate in cross-functional teams as a representative of the Analytical Development group
- Assists in troubleshooting CMC-related problems from CROs / CMOs
- Assists in investigations involving data generated internally and by CROs / CMOs
- Ensures laboratory equipment is calibrated and maintained in proper working order to enable compliance with GLP and/or GMP environments
- Contribute to drafting regulatory submissions Ensures compliance with all applicable regulatory guidelines What education and experience do you need?
- A bachelor's degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology, Analytical Chemistry, or a related field with a minimum of 2 years of biotechnology and/or pharmaceutical industry experience
- Experience developing robust HPLC method for assay and related substances of small molecules.
- Experience with using chromatographic software, such as Empowers
- Experience with troubleshooting and optimizing methods
- Experience with routine lab equipment and methods, including preparing buffers, measuring pH, UV absorbance, quantifying particulates, etc.
- Strong understanding of technical principles of chromatographic and/or electrophoretic methods
- Capable of interpreting data and communicating and presenting results to peers and management
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills with peers and management
- Experience and proficiency with Waters Empower and/or Sciex 32 Karat software is highly desired
- Experience with technology transfer to third parties is desired
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain positive and collaborative relationships across functional areas and with management
- Must display strong analytical, problem-solving, and multi-tasking capabilities
- Detail oriented, proactive, and self-motivated
You should know: Your safety matters! Vaccination against COVID-19 may be a requirement for this job in compliance with current client and governmental policies. A Kelly recruiter will confirm and share more details with you during the interview process.Why Kelly® Science & Clinical?
Kelly Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire industry experts just like you. Our team creates expert talent solutions to solve the world's most critical challenges. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills, interests, and career goals—it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background and education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get your expertise noticed.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly Services is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We welcome, value, and embrace diversity at all levels and are committed to building a team that is inclusive of a variety of backgrounds, communities, perspectives, and abilities. At Kelly, we believe that the more inclusive we are, the better services we can provide. Requests for accommodation related to our application process can be directed to Kelly's Human Resource Knowledge Center. Kelly complies with the requirements of California's state and local Fair Chance laws. A conviction does not automatically bar individuals from employment.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website