Sr. Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) Manager, Albuquerque, NM
Relocation Assistance avaialble for the right candidate!
The responsibility of the Environmental, Health and Safety Department is to ensure compliance with Federal and State regulations following PTS guidelines. The EH&S Manager is to guarantee the safety of all employees, visitors and contractors in the facility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide pro-active leadership and guidance for a strong safety culture in all areas
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with manufacturing personnel
- Develop and manage a facility safety strategy
- Job Hazard Assessments
- Accident Investigations
- Hazard control and Prevention Reports
- Tracking and verification of corrective actions
- Auditing the Environmental, Health, and Safety programs
- Maintain the accident records and files necessary to back up the OSHA 300 log and any other OSHA requirement.
- Evaluate cases to decrease the accident rate using safety assessments, industrial hygiene sampling and following OSHA regulations and Company Guidelines.
- Be the liaison between the site and the environmental and safety agencies.
- Assist and guide internal and external customers in Safety, Health and Environmental issue, including special projects, new products, and complaints or concerns.
- Conduct necessary assessments, inventories and inspections for various environmental and safety regulations.
- Supervise the Industrial Hygiene program including assessments, recommendations and employee awareness and training.
- Supervise the environmental compliance program to ensure compliance on programs such as CAA, CWA, and RCRA.
- Provide leadership and guidance of the Potent Compound Program to ensure Industrial Hygiene Assessments are conducted, employees are trained and appropriate engineering controls are placed to reduce risk and ensure employees are not overexposed.
- In charge of the Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) program.
- Develop robust programs and procedures following OSHA, EPA and PTS such as: Emergency Response Plan, Control of Hazardous Energy, Confined Spaces, and Respiratory Protection, and Hearing Conservation.
- Develop a Safety Internal Audit Checklist to comply with OSHA standards and PTS guidelines.
- Create an Ergonomics Program, educate the employees and coordinate workstation assessments.
- Evaluate environmental problems to develop methods and equipment to maintain regulatory compliance.
- Supervise medical surveillance for potent compounds, respiratory protection and hearing conservation programs.
- Oversee the Health program such as medical surveillance, pre-employment physicals, creation, development and promotion of a wellness program, medical supplies and equipment, Blood borne Pathogens and First Aid/CPR training.
- Provide technical support to outside resources or contractors for compliance to PTS safety efforts.
- Develop and facilitate training for workers on issues related to health and safety.
- Other duties as assigned
- Supervisory Responsibilities: Leads the EHS team in all aspects of the program.
- Interactions: Interacts with senior management
- Bachelor's degree (BS) from a 4 year college or University in Environmental, Safety, or Industrial Hygiene (or related science field).
- Requires 5-10 years increasing experience in an Pharmaceutical CMO. Must be computer literate.
- Must complete projects with minimum or no supervision and have good interpersonal skills and leadership characteristics.
- Language Skills:
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Mathematical Skills:
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Reasoning Ability:
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Computer Skills:
- Knowledge of Internet software; Manufacturing software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
- Other Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to review engineering drawings, add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, logarithms, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
- Must have strong communication skills and be able to effectively communicate with all levels by either written or oral means.
- Have the ability to read and interpret technical publications such as the Code of Federal Regulation and National Fire Code.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Must understand requirements on the Code of Federal Regulations for Safety, Health and Environment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Questions? Contact Kevin at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 623-688-2142
Kelly® Science is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website