Network Design Engineer – The Woodlands, TX
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with our client, a world leader in the oil and gas industry.
This is a 12-month contract with possibility of renewal. The position is based in The Woodlands, TX. This position does not have remote options. Selected candidates must be able to work onsite during regular work days and hours.
The Network Design Engineer will be responsible for designing and implementing new modern Cisco network at new premises, upgrades of existing network and decommissioning of current network. You will:
- Develop and deliver network specifications and network designs for service and customer projects
- Implement advanced routing which could include BGP-traffic engineering
- Develop and maintain standard design templates
- Develop and maintain Network Service General Practices
- Develop and maintain device configuration standards
- Develop and maintain technology and service ISRMPs
- Develop and maintain network technology recommendations
- Develop and maintain technology training programs
- Develop and maintain engineering process and deliverables
- Develop and perform Network sponsored technology Proof-of-Concept projects
- Approve exceptions to General Practices and configuration standards
- Implement and support an 802.1x capable network infrastructure
- Enterprise level experience designing, implementing, and operating the Cisco ACS 5.x platform
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to discuss and articulate technical issues with all levels of personnel globally
- Provide technical training in advanced network concepts or security concepts. Self-initiative and self-motivated
- Bachelor's Degree in Networking or related fields.
- Advanced experience and knowledge of network design and implementation, particularly in the areas of routing, switches, WAN and firewall security.
- Must have strong experience and knowledge or Cisco technologies such as:
- Cisco Firewall, VPN, SFR, FTD and IPS/ IDS systems
- Cisco security policy design and implementation
- Cisco Security Managers, CSM and FMC
- Cisco Wireless LAN Controllers
- Advanced knowledge of WAN optimization
- Advanced knowledge of SDWAN design and implementation
- Advanced knowledge of Service Provider network concepts, design and implementation.
- Strong or advanced knowledge of custom rule set for accurate profiling network client systems
- Strong knowledge in 802.11b/n/ac standards
- Strong knowledge in developing and deploying wireless in a high dense environment
- Strong to advanced knowledge of
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills with a diversified skill set
- Must have strong communication oral and written skills and must have the ability to provide verbal and written technical advice in English, in a highly customer interface and collaborative environment.
With Kelly, you'll have direct connections to leading IT organizations in the best companies around the globe—offering you the chance to work on some of today's most intriguing, innovative and high-visibility projects. In a field where change is the only constant, our connections and opportunities will help you take your career exactly where you want to go. We work with 90 of the Fortune 100™ companies companies and found opportunities for more than 8,600 IT professionals last year. Let us help advance your career today.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website