Plug into the power of Nissan! Kelly Services is seeking motivated, flexible Test Drivers for opportunities at Nissan Proving Grounds in Smyrna, TN.
The qualified Test Driver will have the following:
• Have a valid driver's license
• Must have 4 years of licensed driving on public roads.
• Know how to drive Manual Transmission (Stick Shift) Vehicles (Highly preferred)
• Have a clean MVR for the past 39 months (No moving violations, at-fault accidents, OWI's or DUI's)
• Be flexible to work with fluctuating hours based on the needs at the proving grounds
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs and ability to work outdoors in extreme heat and cold
• Multi-tasking ability • Trailer Tow Experience preferred
• Comfort with learning and operating new in-car technologies
• Comfortable with laptop computers and must be computer literate
• DOT Physicals are required
• Qualified candidates will be required to pass written and practical driving exams
In the role as a Test Driver, the candidate will:
• Be responsible for driving test vehicles (car, van, panel truck or similar 4-wheel vehicle) on public roads and freeways
• Driving test vehicles in prescribed patters over a variety of rough road surfaces and different road courses
• Perform ops as required. i.e., operating seats, doors, air conditioning and audio controls, etc. a prescribed number of times throughout the shift
• Maintain vehicle log sheets recording all relevant information required by the test team
• Record comments and observations regarding issues and concerns with the vehicle
• Adding and removing cargo from vehicles (roof, backseat, trunk) and securing cargo
• Will require bending, twisting and climbing in and out of the vehicle throughout the shift.
• Long term contract position.
• Competitive weekly electronic pay- $15.50/hour +
• Must be comfortable with fluctuating hours (Per test requirements).
Driving: Professional, safe driving skill and representation of the company on grounds and public roads. • Operation of vehicles in demanding traffic/driving scenes such as heavy city traffic, steep hills/mountain routes, congested city streets, rural roads/highways, etc. at various speeds, turns, and braking. • Take immediate and safe, appropriate actions should emergency situation arise. Calmly follow protocols in log book in event of incidents.
2) Vehicle evaluation and documentation • Understanding and familiarity with major vehicle subsystems to have technical ability to assess and describe functional areas when issues occur. • Detect and evaluate vehicle anomalies. Drive like customers to experiment with and isolate the effect of differing driving controls input to vehicle performance. • Document vehicle issues through the use of test vehicle log books by a written description of issue on test driver log and contributing factors noted being legible, clear, and concise.
3) Teamwork/trust/scheduling: Help ensure testing is safe, consistent and foster team focus. • Flexibility to working shift schedule and frequent changes to schedule. • Provide availability and advance notification of changes. Ability to work flex schedule up and down as needed with vehicle availability. • Ability to work well with a variety of fellow driving staff with your shift driving teams for daily testing. Communicate and operate as a team to support each other. • On days where test coordinator staff is not present, independently conduct prescribed testing.
4) Assist with required/additional/special items: Help maximize testing/operational efficiency. • Completing and assisting others on shift with daily vehicle operations (OPS) and visual vehicle inspections. • Must be able to lift/bend/twist/place/remove required ballast of maximum 50 lbs. as needed.
5) Training/certifications: Continuous improvement and refining of skills • Starts with Basic Driving Skills Evaluation during hire with Operations training team and continues with the Skills Standards matrix. • Continuous ongoing Driving Skills Standards training/meetings to increase vehicle knowledge • Develop comfort and ability in highly technical/dynamic and evasive driving maneuvers. Acceptance of critiques and ability to learn/adopt improved skills, especially in developing skill to predict, prevent and respond to emergent situations. • Bi-annual MVD driving history checks to ensure compliance
As a worker today, it's up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what's next is what we're all about. We know what's going on in the evolving world of work—just ask the 440,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website