Kelly Services is hiring for WELDING positions with our customer who is a top employer in the production of aerial devices and other equipment for the electric utility and telecommunications industry.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Perform welding and metal preparation tasks such as sanding and grinding configurations.
- Fabricate, fit, and cut to meet blueprint standards
- Perform GMAW and/or FCAW welding by using a variety of arc and gas welding equipment.
- Trim, file, grind, sand, deburr, buff and smooth surfaces using hand tools and portable power tools.
- Operate and understand all equipment within the work area (cell).
- Lay out and mark dimensions and reference lines on material applying knowledge of shop math and layout techniques.
- Inspect assembly/components for conformance of specifications.
- Read and interpret schematics (blueprints) and work orders.
- Use basic hand tools such as tape measurer and specialty equipment.
- Perform rework as required.
- Maintain daily time records and any additional required records/documentation.
- Support APS (Altec Production System) initiatives. May participate in continuous improvement events.
- Move to other work areas in order to support production needs. (Cross-train)
- Effectively train new/current associates.
- Follow established safety, environmental and quality policies, procedures and practices to include proper use and care of PPE
- Maintain work area and shop tools/equipment.
- Shows commitment to Altec core values.
- Other job duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- High School Diploma/GED
- Welding Tech Degree or 2+ yrs of applicable welding experience-may consider if degree in process.
- AWS D.1.1 weld certification within three months of hire
- Ability to read, write, and comprehend.
- Basic computer usage knowledge.
- Ability to read tape measures, blue prints, and schematics.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS DESIRED:
- Vocational training
- State certification
- Experience in FCAW and/or GMAW preferred.
- Proficient knowledge of one of the following:
- Manufacturing/Production processes
OTHER POSITION SPECIFICATIONS:
- Responsibility for Safety:
- Safety In everything we do
- Responsibility to Prevent Errors:
- Ensures appropriate reviews have been performed as needed for high quality
- Mental Alertness:
- Continuous attention to all job functions ensuring quality products
- Communication with Others:
- Requires outside and inside contacts to carry out company policy and programs; Improper handling will have considerable effect on operational results; Must often deal with matters requiring explanation, persuasion and obtaining of approvals.
- 1st shift: $17.12/hr.
- 2nd shift: $17.87/hr.
- 1st shift: 6:00 am - 2:30 pm
- 2nd shift: 2:30 pm - 11:00 pm
INTERESTED?? Call Rhonda at 270-828-3318, Text 502-689-8006 or Email firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP for more information.
As a worker today, it's up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what's next is what we're all about. We know what's going on in the evolving world of work—just ask the 440,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website