DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Burn Clinic Supervisor
Full time days shift 1.0 no weekends
Kendall Regional Medical Center
Kendall Regional Medical Center is a 417-bed, full-service, acute hospital providing 24-hour comprehensive care in the community including trauma, burn, surgical, women's and children's services, behavioral health and diagnostic services, along with two full service free-standing ER facilities, one in Doral and the other at The Palms Town & Country.
Located in west Miami-Dade County, Kendall Regional Medical Center has received the Distinguished Hospital Award for Overall Clinical Excellence from HealthGrades. This national recognition places us in the top 5% of hospitals in the nation for overall clinical quality. We are a Level I Adult and Pediatric Trauma Center certified by the Florida Department of Health and verified as a Level I Adult Trauma Center by the American College of Surgeons. Kendall is certified as a Thrombectomy-Capable Stroke Center by the Joint Commission and we are one out of only five American Burn Association verified Burn Centers in the state. With six ACGME accredited Graduate Medical Education programs Kendall strives to be a leading community-based research hospital.
Why not join our team at Kendall Regional Medical Center where you will experience a dynamic career with a hospital that continues to reward clinical professionals for their commitment and provide growth opportunities while encouraging you to enjoy a healthy lifestyle outside of work in a culturally diverse and friendly community?
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Kendall Regional Medical Center we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Student Loan Repayment*
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs*
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)*
*If applicable, please refer to the CBA or the local HR office to confirm if this benefit applies to your position.
The Burn Clinic Supervisor designs, plans, and implements formal / informal education programs based on evaluations of department needs. Demonstrates clinical competency and acts as a resource for patient care. Functions as a role model and assists in staff development. The Burn Clinic Supervisor will ensure the objectives of the burn program are met in the outpatient setting. The individual reports to the Director of Burn/Trauma Services.
The Burn Clinic Supervisor is responsible for overall clinic metrics and notifying the Burn PI team of any indicators and filters, which are encountered in the burn patient population. Daily tasks include but not limited to the following: Overseeing clinic schedule and patient flow, facilitating smooth transition from burn clinic to outpatient surgery, assisting with meeting the multidisciplinary needs of the burn patient population, identifying potential nursing, physician, customer service, and safety issues. Assists Burn/Trauma Director with annual evaluations with specific emphasis on goal setting. Provides ongoing coaching and mentoring. Assists with scheduling as needed.
- Licensed Registered Nurse in the state of Florida or Recognized Compact Licensure (subject to Florida State Licensing Requirements, including/not limited to ongoing eligibility and duration provisions).
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Advanced Life Support Course (ALS or ACLS) and certification within 1 year of hire.
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life Support Course (BLS or BCLS) and certification within 1 year of hire.
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Pediatric Life Support Course (PALS) and certification within 1 year of hire.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing. Additional languages preferred.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- 3-5 years of trauma/burn nursing experience, which must include 1-2 years as charge nurse of other management position.
- Bachelor's degree of Nursing required.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website