Gulfeagle Supply is a family owned business with over 80 locations nationwide which acquired Kimal Lumber in 2018. Since the merger, Gulfeagle and Kimal Lumber have been working to bring contractors superior service. Gulfeagle is a full line distributor of residential and commercial roofing and building products while Kimal Lumber provides dimensional lumber, sheet goods, moldings, roof trusses, windows, and interior/exterior doors. As a company, we focus on servicing the professional contractor and builder while also providing a variety of products and services to the homeowner, building owner, architect and general contractor. Together, we take pride in delivering the highest quality and best value to our customers.
This position is responsible for creating building material takeoffs and material estimates from house plans and architectural drawings. The material takeoffs would cover all product groups that Kimal offers
- Responsible for creating material takeoffs for lumber, framing, siding, interior doors and trim, windows, flooring, roofing, or other materials that Kimal can provide
- Create material estimates within company computer system, in a consistent and thorough manner as needed by the Sales Team and/or walk-in customers
- Work with the sales team in a respectful, professional manner – always mindful of providing good customer service, clear communication and follow-up, and professional accountability
- Handle incoming requests in a systematic, productive manner; and maintain and update information which will provide Sales Team with status of their estimate/takeoff requests
- Communicate non-standard requests by the sales team to the Sales Manager, and take direction from him/her as to prioritizing and sequence of work
- Have ability to adjust methods to suit needs of different sales reps or customers
- Any other tasks as assigned by management
**All new hires must complete pre-employment background check and drug test**
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, technical procedures or regulations. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Have a good working knowledge of products that Kimal sells (doors, windows, lumber, etc.)
- Good communication and presentation skills, organizational skills, follow through and attention to detail needed
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), as well as two years' experience in the industry.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Regularly required to walk, see, talk and hear. Often required to stand, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch, or sit.
- Regularly required to lift to 10 pounds. Often required to lift up to 25lbs, and occasionally required to lift up to 50lbs.
- Regularly required to see clearly with close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Competitive Benefits Package:
- 401(K) Retirement Plan including Employer Match
- Paid Vacation, Sick and Holidays
- Health Insurance - Medical, Dental & Vision
- Life, AD&D, Short & Long-Term Disability
- Health & Wellness Programs
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health Savings Accounts
- Employee Discount Programs
This Job Summary indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent(s). It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent(s) may be asked to perform other duties as requested. Kimal Lumber is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, age, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.
All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subjected to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace.EOE M/F/Disabled/Vet/Drugfree Workplace Apply Now
Apply on company website