Cardiac Surgery Opportunity in Miami
The Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery at The University of Miami Health Miller School of Medicine is seeking an Assistant/Associate Professor of Clinical Surgery in the Department of Surgery.
- This position will have a primary assignment to the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine and affiliated institutions. In addition to specialty training, the candidate should have specific skills and experience relating to the diagnosis and management of various cardiac disorders and congenital diseases.
- The candidate will be responsible for pre/post, and intraoperative care of patients. The Cardiac Surgeon will perform advanced open and minimally invasive cardiac surgery. Attendance and supervision of the respective outpatient offices and clinics will be required, also defined according to the existing attending coverage and on-call schedules.
- Responsibilities involve developing a clinical and academic cardiac surgery practice at various affiliated hospitals.
- This faculty member will be expected to participate with teaching surgical residents, Fellows, and medical students. This position will also be required to establish a track record of publishing major, peer-reviewed journals, and a history of extramural funding. This position requires for the candidate to participate in either clinical or basic science research.
- This position will provide direct care, participation in the support services and rehabilitation, nutrition, psychological support, and prevention programs of cardiac surgical services at the University of Miami Hospital and affiliated facilities.
- The position of Assistant/Associate Professor of Clinical Surgery in the Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery requires a Medical Degree from an accredited Medical School and must have completed a Fellowship in Cardiac Surgery.
- Must be eligible to obtain a Florida Medical License and DEA License. Qualified physicians will be either Board Eligible or Board Certified in Cardiac Surgery.
- No State Income Tax
- Ability to live near Miami or surrounding cities (live tropical, suburban or luxury downtown)
Apply on company website