SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Lafayette Regional Health Center a facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
At LRHC, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
Paid Personal Leave
401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
Identity Theft Protection discounts
Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
We strive to provide the best possible care to our patients.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a Unit Secretary where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
The Unit Secretary performs general clerical duties by preparing, compiling and maintaining records in a patient care unit.
About this Department:
25 Bed Critical Access Hospital; opportunity to really know your patient and address their individual needs, Variety in patient population that you serve.
- Strong Teamwork and excellent cohesiveness
- Amazing Flexibility with Efficient Scheduling amongst the team
- Swing Bed Services offered on the inpatient side
- Acts as the receptionist for the unit and is responsible for the telephone system.
- The Unit Secretary works closely with the Charge Nurse and cooperatively with other nursing personnel for the delivery of high quality patient care. Is tactful and courteous in personal contacts and telephone conversations.
- Displays cooperation and courtesy in dealing with patients, visitors, Medical Staff, and personnel from all departments.
- Main goal is to increase patient satisfaction through improved continuity of care.
- High School graduate or equivalent
- BCLS certification required and current.
Excellent interpersonal communication skills; legible handwriting, typing skills.
- Displays appropriate telephone etiquette.
Should be familiar with the routines and records of the unit.
- Must have tact and diplomacy.
- Hospital experience preferred.
Computer/typing skills and minimum of basic medical terminology required.
Lafayette Regional Health Center is a 25-bed critical access hospital, accredited by The Joint Commission, located in historic Lexington, MO, 50 miles east of Kansas City. We offer a comprehensive array of services in a small town environment. Patients enjoy the comfort of knowing they're receiving quality healthcare in their hometown. In addition to the hospital we also operate three physician clinics in Lafayette County.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Unit Secretary opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website