Last year our HCA Healthcare colleagues invested over 156,000 hours volunteering in our communities. As a(an) Cook with Lakeview Hospital you can be a part of an organization that is devoted to giving back!Benefits
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Lakeview Hospital, we offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K(100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student Loans
- Employee Discounts including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the Lakeview Hospital family! We will give you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are looking for an enthusiastic Cook to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential!Job Summary and Qualifications
As a Cook at our facility you will have the opportunity to be both a nutrition professional and a caregiver, providing delicious and nutritious meals for patients, staff, and others when they need it most. You will be joining a hard-working and compassionate team that is so vital for the day-to-day functions of our hospital. In this role:
· You will prepare and cook food for hospital patients, staff, and visitors.
· You will assist in setting up and preparing for special functions.
· You will consult a Clinical Dietitian on modified diets, as necessary.
· You will assist with food/supplies ordering and stocking as needed and assure quality storage of food.
· You will work with other staff to determine amount of foods needed to meet weekly menus and assist in the development and implementation of recipes, menus, and food preparation guidelines.
· You will maintain cleanliness of department through regular safety and sanitation duties.
· You will ensure client, customer service/satisfaction by modeling efficient, friendly service and promoting that behavior in other staff members.
· You will complete ongoing mandatory education regarding infection control, patient safety, quality improvement, and food safety standards.
· Food Handlers Permit or ServSafe Certification required.
· Hospital food preparation/cooking experience.
· High volume, complex food service operations experience preferred.
Lakeview Hospital is a 125 plus bed community hospital. We are dedicated to providing the quality of healthcare we want our closest loved ones to receive. We are among the nation's 100 Top Hospitals for seven years in a row. We are the only facility in Utah that is among America's 100 Best Hospitals for Joint Replacement. Our Commitment to Caring is the driving force behind the actions of our caregivers, day in and day out. After all, providing high quality healthcare to our friends, family and neighbors in Davis County is why we exist.
Lakeview Hospital supports the community of Bountiful, just north of Salt Lake City. Our community has a small town charm and family-oriented neighborhoods. Our ideal location offers year-round recreational activities; from skiing and snowboarding in the winter to water sports and golf in the summer.
We are part of the HCA Healthcare network - which includes more than 300 affiliate facilities across the country – offering our colleagues the opportunity for travel and relocation. HCA and Lakeview Hospital are all about caring for people, and that care extends to patients, families and our colleagues.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."There is so much good to do in the world and so many different ways to do it."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Be a part of an organization that invests in you! We are reviewing applications for our Cook opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website