**Rate range: $17 - 21/hour , based on experience** ****Sign in Bonus $1,500.00 ******
***Must be able to successfully pass a background check and drug screen******
Do you want to join an organization that invests in you as a(an) Head Cook? At Lakeview Hospital, you come first. HCA Healthcare has committed up to $300 million in programs to support our incredible team members over the course of three years.Benefits
At Lakeview Hospital, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student Loans
- Employee Discounts including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!
Learn more about Employee Benefits
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients' lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Head Cook like you to be a part of our team.Job Summary and Qualifications
As Head Cook at our facility you will have the opportunity to be both a nutrition professional and a caregiver, providing delicious and nutritious meals for patients, staff, and others when they need it most. You will be joining a hard-working and compassionate team that is so vital for the day-to-day functions of our hospital. In this role:
· You will prepare food for patients, visitors, and employees in a manner that ensures high customer satisfaction and in compliance with hospital and regulatory requirements.
· You will perform a variety of skilled tasks in food preparation, cooking, and presentation.
· You will assist the Executive Chef in the supervision of all kitchen staff.
· You will ensure adequate inventory of food and related supplies to meet day-to-day needs, taking periodic inventory of supplies and reviewing menus to determine food needs.
· You will provide leadership and direction to Cooks and other kitchen staff.
· You will help to manage/maintain the cleanliness of the department through regular safety and sanitation audits.
· You will ensure client, customer service/satisfaction by modeling efficient, friendly service and promoting that behavior in other staff members.
· You will complete ongoing mandatory education regarding infection control, patient safety, quality improvement, and food safety standards.
· Food Handlers Permit or ServSafe Certification required.
· Bachelor's Degree preferred but not required.
· Prefer 5+ years in kitchen management.
· Hospital food preparation experience and cooking for modified diets experience preferred.
Lakeview Hospital is a 125 plus bed community hospital. We are dedicated to providing the quality of healthcare we want our closest loved ones to receive. We are among the nation's 100 Top Hospitals for seven years in a row. We are the only facility in Utah that is among America's 100 Best Hospitals for Joint Replacement. Our Commitment to Caring is the driving force behind the actions of our caregivers, day in and day out. After all, providing high quality healthcare to our friends, family and neighbors in Davis County is why we exist.
Lakeview Hospital supports the community of Bountiful, just north of Salt Lake City. Our community has a small town charm and family-oriented neighborhoods. Our ideal location offers year-round recreational activities; from skiing and snowboarding in the winter to water sports and golf in the summer.
We are part of the HCA Healthcare network - which includes more than 300 affiliate facilities across the country – offering our colleagues the opportunity for travel and relocation. HCA and Lakeview Hospital are all about caring for people, and that care extends to patients, families and our colleagues.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."Good people beget good people."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
We are a family 270,000 dedicated professionals! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our Head Cook opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website