The Lane Construction Corporation is a leading U.S. construction company specializing in the transportation, infrastructure and energy industries. Lane's unique combination of capabilities includes public-private partnerships/innovative financing and joint ventures; large, complex design-build and bid-build projects; and the ability to produce and install asphalt, aggregates and concrete.Job Description
Summary: The candidate shall be able to provide the guidelines and technical details of the product or structure that is being built. The ideal candidate will work with engineers, and other professionals in producing plans and drawings. These documents use specialized notes and symbols to convey instructions about materials, assembly procedures or tools. The Cad operator will prepare shop drawings, maps, plans, details for construction projects and structures.
Including but not limited to:
• Prepare drawings that belong to the work categories, such as: Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Plants, and Roads;
• Review of drawings and details in accordance with the instructions of the Project Engineer and Project Manager;
• Maintain and update electronic drawings and documents;
• Compile and organize blocks, parts and specific details;
• Update building drawings and documents;
• Track and monitor engineering and design changes;
• Develop layouts, drawings and designs;
• Ensure compliance of drafting and engineering standards.
• AutoCAD certification;
• Construction Experience is a plus: preferably in hydropower & dam projects;
• Familiar with drawings regarding: water supply, surface water, drainage, earthmoving, concrete, steel reinforcement. excavation, mechanical and electrical;
• Knowledge and production experience with Civil 3D preferred;
• Strong experience with drawings in 3D;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Lane Construction offers a comprehensive benefits package with an excellent opportunity to grow and be part of one of the most respected names in the construction industry. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. Lane is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Apply on company website