DescriptionSHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career in our Pharmacy department. Submit your application today!
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients' lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for dedicated professionals like you to be a part of our Pharmacy team. Join us in our efforts to better our community!
We can offer you a benefits package that will best suit your family's needs. You can choose from a variety of medical coverage including dental plans that best meet your lifestyle. You also have the option to enroll in additional perks such as our matching 401k, medical and childcare flex spending accounts, life insurance, tuition reimbursement available for select roles and facilities.
HCA Healthcare is a leading healthcare provider with over 31.2 million patient encounters a year at locations in 21 states including the UK. We care about our community! HCA Healthcare has been continually named one of Ethisphere's most ethical company's in the world since 2010. In 2018, HCA spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
Experience a higher degree of patient care at Largo Medical Center, part of the HCA West and Central Florida hospital system. Our 455-bed acute care hospital is located on two campuses—in mid-Pinellas County on the West Coast of Florida, providing medical care for the residents of Largo, and the nearby cities of Clearwater, Seminole, St. Petersburg and the Gulf Beach communities. We are the only area hospital with all private patient rooms.
The Pharmacy Tech assists pharmacists by filling routine orders for unit does and prepackaged pharmaceutical dispenses medications. Position tasks and responsibilities include:
- Counts, packages, and labels unit does for inspection by pharmacist.
- Assists pharmacists as directed, including filling orders and preparing labels.
- Prepares I.V. mixtures and operates automated systems.
- Maintains pharmacy inventory and performs clerical duties.
QualificationsRequired Job Qualifications include:
- High School graduate or equivalent
- National certification as a Pharmacy Tech (CPhT)
- State certification as a Pharmacy Tech
- Previous pharmacy tech experience in a hospital setting preferred.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 lbs.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified, you will hear from one of our recruiters. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website