The Sanitation Worker reports to the QA Supervisor and is based out of our Seabrook, New Jersey location. This individual will be responsible for ensuring line equipment is sanitary (filler, floors, drains). Maintain appropriate level of cleanliness throughout the facility with cleaning equipment and chemicals, according to SSOPs. Perform CIP's of all production product lines, tanks, etc.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES (essential functions of the job) Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Ensure plant cleanliness, which includes removing bins of trash from blending and production areas, bins of empty drums from batching area, breaking down wood totes, emptying small recycling containers into appropriate large container, operate floor scrubber throughout blending and production areas
· Assist in clean-up of any juice spills, perform hand-stacking, box-taping, and other tasks to support production
· Perform sanitation processes covered by the Master Sanitation Cleaning Schedule and by Department Manager, complete assigned tasks from the monthly Food Safety/Housekeeping Audit
· Perform week-ending cleaning procedures that includes CIP's of filler/pasteurizers, exterior foaming of entire production line, ATP swab testing after cleaning, can line valve and piston greasing.
· Perform detail cleaning of labelers, filler, etc. as needed
· Performs other related duties as required and assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Minimum Required Qualifications
· A high school diploma or equivalent
· Forklift certification
· Three months manufacturing experience
Additional Preferred Qualifications
· Experience in the food/beverage industry
· Prior experience using industrial grade chemicals, CIP's and basic housekeeping background
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Detail oriented; ability to multi-task
· Excellent time management skills
· Ability to work independently
· Credibility and Integrity
· Build and maintain professional relationships
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORKING CONDITIONS
This position requires sufficient physical ability to work in a production setting.
FREQUENT: Ability to talk and hear; ability to stand, walk, climb stairs, stoop, bend and/or crouch; push/pull; lift up to 50 pounds; use of hands and fingers to operate machinery/equipment and all manual and electronic equipment in area of responsibility. Exposure to wet and humid conditions and fluctuations in ambient temperature (seasonal).
OCCASIONAL: Squatting, kneeling, ability to reach above and at shoulder height. Ability to wear a dust mask, and perform Confined Entry using LOTO program. Exposure to toxic and corrosive chemicals.
VISION: Ability to use close and distance vision, as well as color and peripheral vision with or without correction. Must be able to visually detect obstacles and potential dangers in a fast paced production environment involving high speed equipment and powered industrial lift equipment.
HEARING: Ability to hear in the normal audio range with or without correction. Exposure to noise levels from pumps, machinery, forklift traffic, bottle lines and exhaust fans.
This job description is not intended to contain a comprehensive list of the responsibilities that are required to successfully perform in this position. Other duties as assigned are part of every job description. The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential job functions.
Apply on company website