Do you have previous experience as a machine operator? Do you enjoy working in a dynamic team environment that appreciates your efforts and cares about you as a person? Do you ask yourself what else can I do to help my company succeed without being asked by your manager? If so then Lassonde Pappas in Hendersonville, NC is looking for you!
Lassonde Pappas & Co. is an employer of choice, fostering a workplace where there is respect for each person; clear definition of roles and responsibilities; encouragement for the free expression of ideas; and career growth and reward for performance. We actively seek to identify and develop high performing individuals throughout the company. Expanding the capabilities of our people is a key to our strategic objectives and is a focus of the leadership of our organization. We offer a comprehensive benefits package and very competitive compensation plan.
Do we have your interest yet? If so we currently have openings in our Production Department for Packer Operator. The opening is on our First (6 AM - 2:30 PM) and Third (10 PM – 6:30 AM) shifts. This position will report to the Production Supervisor and will be responsible for operating the case packer.
Major Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Attends the drop packer machine by operating the equipment efficiently so as not to interrupt the continual running of the production line.
- Monitors the flow of bottles from the label machine through the COBRA lane area and alerts maintenance of any problems.
- Retrieves bottles out of cases that have flagged or missing labels at the packer.
- Performs minor adjustments on the equipment to insure smooth operation of the production line.
- With the assistance of maintenance, perform changeovers of the equipment to accommodate the various products and packages that are produced.
- Records and verifies the correct case code for each item that is produced.
Experience & Skills
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to communicate in a professional and courteous manner
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Ability to make good, sound, analytical decisions
- Mechanical experience/background preferred
- Six months of manufacturing experience is preferred.
Equal Opportunity at Lassonde Pappas
Lassonde Pappas' goal is to be the nation's premier private brand beverage company. Our customers recognize us for our commitment to product quality, service and innovation. We are dedicated to creating value by providing private-brand fruit and beverage solutions. Our customers include major US Food Retailers, Mass Merchandisers, Specialty Grocery, Club Stores, Dollar Stores, Drug stores and Food Service companies.
Lassonde Pappas & Co. Inc. is a subsidiary of Lassonde Industries Inc.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants should apply on line at the Lassonde Pappas website careers page:
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Please note the selected candidate will be required to submit to a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Apply on company website