DescriptionSHIFT: Evenings (rotating weekends)
Food Service Worker Full-Time Evening Shift 1.0 FTE Lawnwood Regional Medical Center
Fort Pierce, FL Facility Description: Lawnwood Regional Medical Center & Heart Institute is a380-bed acute-care hospital offering a full range of services. Lawnwood is home to the most experienced Heart Institute on the Treasure Coast and offers diagnostic, interventional and therapeutic care, including open-heart surgery. Other hospital services include a 24/7 emergency department, pediatric emergency department, labor/delivery and birthing, pediatrics, orthopedics, oncology, nuclear medicine, diagnostic services, and a full range of inpatient and outpatient general surgical services. Lawnwood provides the area's only Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, Level II Trauma Center, Pediatric Intensive Care Unit and Compressive Stroke Center. Lawnwood is accredited by The Joint Commission and designated as Certified Primary Stroke Center. Lawnwood's Physical Rehabilitation Center is CARF accredited and, for 11 years in a row, the hospital is a Five-Star Recipient for the Treatment of Heart Attack by Healthgrades. At Lawnwood Regional Medical Center & Heart Institute, patients come first – no matter what! Lawnwood Regional Medical Center is a member of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America. HCA has been named one of Ethisphere's World's Most Ethical Companies for eight consecutive years. Join our tradition of excellence! Benefits: We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program, and student loan repayment. POSITION SUMMARY: The Food Service Worker is responsible for routine daily tasks related to patient food service. These tasks include, but not limited to; tray assembly, portioning of food; preparation of snacks, tube feedings, and supplements; delivery of floor stock and special items to the units; delivery of patient meal trays into patients rooms. Ensures that all tasks are completed safely, and in strict adherence to Food and Nutrition cleaning /sanitation policies and other related policies and procedures. Provides the highest level of customer service at all times.
- Process menus correctly by placing appropriate food items on patient trays during meal service.
- Delivers meal trays to patient rooms visually checking identification bracelet and calling patients name with affirmative response. Delivers pediatric trays to nursing station.
- Strips, cleans, and sanitizes patient carts using approved procedures.
- Rinses, washes and sanitizes dishware and utensils according to Board of Health Regulations.
- Sets up and delivers patient late trays within 30 minutes of notification.
- Checks pantries for soiled trays, after meal service and at the end of shift.
- Prepares and delivers patient nourishments based on menu rotation and patient diet.
- Selects appropriate foods for therapeutic diets when preparing patient trays and late trays.
- Controls food portions through the use of appropriate sized utensils and measuring devices.
· High School Diploma or its equivalent, preferred.
· One year of experience in healthcare food and nutrition services preferred and clerical experience preferred.
SPECIAL DEMANDS: Must be able to work in environments containing human blood and body fluids. Must be able to speak, write, and read in English.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website